Harness Your Hopes

His journey back to the house was empty. He felt nothing as he flew through the portals and the hot air of the Nether. He didn't flinch when a ghast spat a fire hall at him that barely missed, destroying a netherrack hill behind him. He didn't flinch when a sharp throb settled into his back, or when old wounds at the base of his wings reopened and blood flowed down his back. When he came back, he was standing in front of his house's porch. Red snow trailed behind him and his wings slumped into the snow. The cold stung his face and hands and the wounds on his back. He sucked in a deep breath, the grief finally settling in. He kneeled on the ground, knees buried in the snow, blood-coated wings and clothes staining the white around him pink and red.

When the door opened, Technoblade walked out with a pickaxe, probably on his way to mine. He paused when he saw Philza in the snow, his mind taking a second t process that his friend was kneeling in the snow, covered in blood.

"Phil! Buddy, what are you doing?" He put the pickaxe in his inventory, quickly getting off the porch to crouch next to Phil. When Phil looked up at him, his face was shiny with tears and his bottom lip was bitten bloody and raw. He distantly heard a voice,

He's gone

but he didn't try to understand what it meant. Phil was right here, although looking wrecked, he wasn't gone. He went to pat his back but paused when he saw the blood. Where his wings connected with the skin of his back there was torn skin, blood quickly welling up and dropping, staining feathers and matting them together.

"Alright, let's get you inside." His voice wobbled with the effort it took to get Philza to stand up with him. Philza was basically a deadweight, staring at the ground with wide eyes. Technoblade hadn't seen him like this since Ghostbur showed up for the first time.

They hobbled into the house, Edward making a short vworp as they shuffled in their boat. Techno glanced at the enderman. He seemed sad, almost, as he moved his grass block around slowly.

Techno moved Philza to a stool in their kitchen, pulling it up against a counter so he could lean forward while Techno bandaged his wings and cleaned him up. When he got him situated, he took a few steps back to examine his friend and see what needs to be done.

oh no

Dadza! Hurt!

he's gone

help! help! help!

technofix

he's gone

ouch

regen pot regen pot

chicken?

oh

EW

jesus

e

HE'S GONE.

Techno flinched at that last one. He didn't understand what it meant. Whatever. He shook his head to clear his thoughts.

He grabbed a couple of regeneration potions, a golden apple, some bandages, and Phil's favorite blanket. When he came back, Phil was still slumped forward on the counter, now shivering, and Techno felt himself frown as he eyed the blanket. He felt bad, but it wasn't like he could use the blanket and fix his wings.

He figured that Phil was in shock right now. He didn't know why and was particularly sure if he wanted to, so he decided not to think about it.

technothink

coward

"You got me there, chat." He muttered, rolling his eyes. He stood behind Phil, eyeing the wings that were sprawled out on the ground recklessly. It would be better if they were on the counter, but he had a feeling he wasn't going to be able to get Phil to do that, so he just stepped around them and mourned his clean, featherless floors as they slowly disappeared.