Epilogue

"Be Brave. I will be watching over you ."
Those words kept on repeating in her mind, her mother's last words before her death a week ago. She left her. She left her so unexpectedly. And now her father was also leaving her. Again. Lan YuMing  knew that being the Lan emperor's brother and a minister in the royal court kept her father, Lord Lan BoCheng of Qi busy. She didn't want herself to become an obstacle for her father. But she didn't want for him to leave her either. At least not now. She needed him.

Soon Lord Qi left for the capital Caiyi Town. He left his fief to escape the sorrow he felt after his beloved's death. Only work would help him escape. So he left, leaving the sorrow, those painful memories and his daughter behind. However, she was not alone. She had her stepmother Ji Yu with her.
Ji Yu would never hurt YuMing. Having no living  child of her own, YuMing was the closest thing she had for a daughter and if time comes Ji Yu was willing to give up her life if it meant that the motherless child would be safe.

Slowly time went by. Days, weeks and months passed. 3 years have already gone by and YuMing was now a young woman, ready to be married off to some royal in exchange for strong alliance for her country.

And from here begins our story.