Chapter 38: Thank You

Mark's POV:

I froze there on the spot, putting my hand over my chest. This... It will finally be gone...?

I couldn't really believe it. Chorong reached for my hand and grabbed it tightly. "Oppa, are you okay?" I slowly nodded, I couldn't seem to say any words.

"Remember, we still aren't very sure. But, you will have to take medication just in case." The doctor said, handing me the container. Chorong noticed I wasn't answering and nodded, taking it for me. "Ah, yes. Thank you, we'll get going now." She said, pulling me out the room.

She stood in front of me. "Oppa, are you okay?" She repeated. Without noticing, I suddenly felt something drop from my eye. "Eh? Y-You're crying?! What's wrong...?!" She said, looking more concerned as she wiped it. I leaned forward to hug her.

"Oppa... If something's wrong, you can tell me." She patted my back, soothing me. I finally had the strength to speak. "T-Thank you... I can't ever thank you enough... Without you, I wouldn't have ever be cured. But, I actually found someone to love. And I'm glad that it's you."

It was quiet for a moment. She laughed a little, breaking the silence. "You're crying because of that? And I thought I was in love with a man?" She hit my back. "Pabo, you don't need to thank me, I'm also glad I chose to love you. Though, sometimes it can be hard and painful, I'll promise to always love you until the end."

Her words brought a smile to my face. I noticed something pink inside her pocket. Hmm..?

"What's this?" I said, taking it out of her pocket, it was a envelope. She let go of the hug and her eyes widened. "A-Ani! Don't open that!" She said, trying to snatch it back but I held it above her head. I curled my eyebrows. "What's so important about it? Ya... Are you sending love letters to somebody other than me?" I asked, clearly getting jealous. She sighed and shook her head, persistent to get it back. "T-That's not it! I-It's just not ready to be read so don't open it!" She yelled, but I had already done the opposite, finding the letter addressed to me.

I felt a smirk form on my face as I began to read.

Dear the stupid paboya that I love,

Merry Christmas! Mianhae, I didn't have time to buy you a gift but this can be my gift to you. Thank you for being there for me, even though sometimes I want to hit you! But since it's almost Christmas time, I'll let you go. Let's make a wish! My wish is for us to stay like this, and never leave each other's sides. Ya, you better not tease me about this because I feel weird while writing this too! But, what is your wish? >~<

Annyeong from, Chorong-ah!

I looked at her, her face looked anxious as she bit her lip. I laughed, I couldn't hide my happiness. "Aish... You never listen to me! But I even told you it wasn't ready to b-" I leaned closer to give her a quick peck.

"It's perfect." I said, hugging her again before she could say anything. "I'm sorry again, I broke this wish before you could even give me this letter, didn't I? But it won't ever happen again, I promise you. And... My wish is to make you happy. I never want to see you cry again because of me, though I know I've been a bad guy and a pabo, I admit. But, I want to make and see you smile because of me too."

She let go first and glared at me with crossed arms. "Ya, who said you could kiss and hug me whenever you want?" She scolded, hitting my shoulder. I winced it pain, definitely not the reaction I was expecting. She then smiled, making me do the same. "But, that wish of yours is completely worthless if you have already accomplished it. Don't you realise why I chose to love you? People fall in love and sure, they fight, cry and hurt but there's a reason why they choose to stay with each other, because they make each other smile, they make each other happy."