Emotions on Ice

Minho didn't have many friends.

He had always been an introverted person, someone who enjoyed his own company more than being surrounded by others. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the company of people, he simply preferred the peace and quiet of being alone. He doesn't like to do small talk and surely he dosen't like to express feelings outwardly like other people. His classmates had always described him as an unapproachable person and for Minho staying alone wasn't that bad.

It wasn't like he was alone alone. There was his neighbor, Hyunjin, who he knew from kindergarten. The kid was a weirdo, he prefered to draw cars instead of playing with them, and found much more interest in following Minho around than watching Disney with the other kids. He was too loud, too happy and there wasn't a moment when he would just sit down. He was talking non-senses non-stop, he was chewing on his food with his mouth open and his face was always stained with paint.

Minho hated his guts back then.

No matter how many times Minho had told him to leave him alone, Hyunjin just laughed it off and continue to follow him every day. So Minho just got used to him being there every time.

Besides Hyunjin there was Yoon, his older brother.

Minho admire him and looked up to him since he can remember. If a person came to Minho and asked him what's the most important thing in his life, his respond would always be his brother.

Yoon was the one who taught him how to read, the one who stayed up all night helping him with school projects - even when he had many on his own. When their parents had to stay late for work, Yoon was the one who prepered Minho something to eat, changed him in more comfortable clothes and played with him in their back garden. When their parents strated to fight, Yoon was there - in his room - reading book after book for him to fall asleep. When their mom decided to leave them for another man, Yoon was there, to wipe away his tears, even if his whole face was covered in them too.

Yoon was older than him by 2 years, but when next to each other, you could mistake them by twins.

When they were little they liked to behave like each other around their nannies, just to mess with their head. The nannies usually didn't find it funny, many of them resigning in the first days, but seeing the big smile on Minho's face, Yoon stopped feeling bad after a while.

"Minho come here," one of their nanny's called out once "and don't try to fool me Yoon, I can tell you two apart."

"You can't catch me lalalala." Minho said running around the garden, hidding after trees or bushes.

"Minho, come here already! You have to go with your father now!" the nanny said. "You're covered all in mud, come here and let me clean you!"

Minho laughed jumping behind another tree. "Minho is not here!"

"I'll go with dad to the dentist!" Yoon sai, pulling on their nanny's shirt. "We're gonna pretend I'm Minho, ok? Don't tell dad."

"Minho, please!" the nanny cried out, rubbing her face with her hands in exasperation. "Yoon I have a better idea than fooling your dad. If you make your brother to listen to me I'll buy you anything you want."

Yoon tapped his chin pretending to think about her offer, than smiled. "Ok!" then he put his hands at his mouth, on one side and on the other of each corner of the mouth - like a megaphone. "Min, if you listen to miss Su, I'll buy you pudding?"

Suddenly, Minho's head popped up from behind some bushes.

Yoon was the only one who knew how to make him behave, the one who knee how to make him laugh or how to make him stop crying. And Minho loved him dearly. Having him and Hyunjin around, Minho didn't need anyone else.