Emotions on Ice part 2

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down!" Yoon screamed as Minho try to take the vase of flowers from his hand. "Don't even- how could you? How could both of you?"

"Yoon, please let me explain!" Minho tried again. "Don't overreact, put the vase down!"

"How could you!" Yoon screamed again looking at Chan directly. "With my brother? Couldn't you find anyone else to rail?"

"Yoon please calm down! Why are you so mad?" Chan tried to go closer to Minho's brother but Minho put his hand in front of him.

"Don't!" Is all Minho said.

This isn't the first time Yoon lost his control like this.

When they were little Yoon usually was a good kid, a little sunshine for their father, taking care of Minho like he was the most precious thing in his life. He was Minho's role model growing up, no superhero as awesome as his brother.

But there were times like Minho's 17th birthday.

Minho was so happy that day, having his brother, dad and best friend there for him. Just them four, just how Minho liked it. His father made Hyunjin film with his old camera while he and his brother stood next to him, singing him happy birthday.

Then– when Minho was about blow his candles– there was a knock on the front door.

"Why the fuck are you here?" his father shouted at the woman as she made her way in the house, moving past their dad and Hyunjin.

"My little Min!" she said kissing Minho's cheek, then hugging Yoon. "And my little Yoo! I missed you guys so much!"

Minho moved his eyes on his dad, trying to understand what was going on. That woman, his mom, what was she trying to do?

If it wasn't for the old photos, right now Minho would have no idea who this person was. 

His father looked furios. No. He looked like he was about to kill her with his bare hands. Like he was about to take the cake knife and stab her 33 times. 

But could Minho blame him? 

He was only 5 years old when that woman left them for another man, he couldn't recall much of it, except from screams and shoutings between fairytales books. 

He couldn't recall a moment with her as his mother.

But she left them for another man, she broke his father's heart, destroying everything they created together and Minho will never forget her for that.

"My name is Yoon!" his brother said, getting Minho's attention. "Why are you here?"

"Yoon don't be like that dear. I came here to spend my time with my boys!" She put a hand on Minho's shoulder. "Is it your birthday, baby?"

Minho looked up at her. "Yes?"

"Wonderful!" she clapped her hands together, "Let's do something fun, then! Jiwoong can take us two to an amusement park, won't you like that?"

"Minho doesn't like amusement parks" Yoon said moving some things on the table, trying to act unaffected by their mother presence.

Minho got to see only the fall of his parents marriage, Yoon, on the other hand, was there from the start. He got the see the woman reading him bedtime stories, got the woman to shower him with love, picking him up from kindergarten to go eat ice cream in the park.

He got to see her as a mom.

"Mom," Minho started, seeing his father shaking his head, "I want to spend my birthday with my family. But if you want you can sta-"