Sweet Welcome

No Pov:

It was the day Steve has been so anxious for. Every night up until today, I was wide awake with worry.

Today was the day that Bucky, Steve's best friend, was coming back from Wakanda.

Steve was waiting in the kitchen for the phone call that Bucky was landing.

Sam walks in and sees Steve

Sam: *pats Steve on the back* everything is going to be fine, Shuri is a genius. She took the trigger words out of his head.

Steve smiles at Sam, still unconvinced. The last time he saw Bucky, he was broken. And the last time the team saw Bucky, well, he tried to kill all of them...

Just as Steve was about to answer Sam, the rest of the team walked in

Nat: oh, are we interrupting something? *she said with a smirk*

Steve rolled his eyes and Sam let out a laugh.

Tony: He should be arriving in a minute.

Steve took a deep breath and nodded.

It was agreed previously that Sam and Steve would go to the helipad to meet with Bucky. Then they would come back and he'd be properly re-introduced to the rest of the team.

Steve and Sam went up to the helipad, just in time to see the helicopter landing.

The doors opened and Steve held his breath. He didn't know who was going to be getting off that helicopter, was his best friend, the winter soldier, or... a stranger.

Bucky stepped off the helicopter, looking around taking in his surroundings.

Steve and Sam began slowly approaching, until they were a few feet beyond the helipad.

Bucky's eyes met Steve's, and Steve waited for a reaction.

After a few seconds that felt like an eternity, Bucky smiled at Steve

Bucky: Hey Punk, good to see you.

Steve's face lit up, Bucky and Steve approached each other, eventually embracing each other in a tight hug.

This was just the beginning of Bucky's recovery but Steve had his best friend back.

The boys made their way down to the kitchen for re-introductions.

Steve could feel how anxious Bucky was to officially meet the team as Bucky, and not the Winter Soldier.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened.

The entire team turned to look at the three men stepping off the elevator.

But after Steve broke the initial silence, the tension in the room broke.

Steve began introducing the entire team.

Steve: and this is Wanda and Vision...

Steve looked around

Steve: Is someone missing?

Tony: y/n, she's out.

Steve: oh! I forgot she isn't around on Tuesdays. *Steve turns back to Bucky* You'll meet y/n eventually, you'll love her. She is so sweet.

That peaked Bucky's interest.

The team mingled for a bit before Steve decided to show Bucky around and show him his room.

Bucky's anxiety and anxiousness began to dissolve. He could tell there was still a bit of hesitation and fear, but it was understandable.

Later that night, when Bucky was in his room, trying to get used to the security of his own space, there was a knock at the door.

It was a bit late, but Bucky opened the door.

None was there...

His eyes traveled down to the floor, it was a basket? It had pastel tissue paper and a big bow on it. It smelled amazing.

His eyes spotted a large card with "James" written in cursive on it.

He carefully picked up the basket and brought it into his room. He set the basket down on the desk and opened the note.

"To James, sorry I wasn't here for your arrival. Steve has told me so much about you. Here are a bunch of treats I made, I didn't know what you liked, so I made a little of everything. See you tomorrow. -y/n"

Bucky was taken aback by this. But he slowly unwrapped and inspected the contents of the basket.

Needless to say, Bucky got to remember which treats were his favorite. He ate, at the least, a bite of everything. There were only a few items left by the morning.