The Freak and The Cheerleader Chapter 2: EM

You and Eddie take a short walk from the woods to his house. "After you." He smiled as he opened the door to his trailer. "Thank you." You said as you stepped inside. You looked around in the living room as Eddie takes his shoes off. "Please make yourself comfortable, Y/N." He said.

You stopped looking around the room and your eyes fall onto him. "Eddie..." You said softly. "Yeah?" He asked as he looked at you. "Can I be honest?" You asked as you sat on the couch. "Of course." He said. "I'm... Kind of nervous." You admitted. "Nervous? The great Y/N is nervous?" He asked.

"I know, it's stupid." You said as you shook your head. "It's not stupid, let me get you a drink to try and calm those nerves." He smiled as he went to the fridge. "Is beer okay?" He asked. "Trying to get me tipsy, Munson?" You smirked as you raised an eyebrow. "I prefer the word... relaxed." He smiled as he makes a gesture with his hands. "Of course you do." You smile.

"Besides, a beautiful girl like you has no reason to be nervous. Especially not for me anyways." He said as he opened the beer and handed it to you. You grabbed it and looked at the bottle. Eddie then opened one for himself and sat across from you on the recliner. "You know... you're not a freak, Eddie." You said.

Eddie choked as he took a sip of his beer. "What?" He asked, looking at you in confusion. "You keep calling yourself a freak... but, that's far from the truth." You said as you finally took a sip. "Well, when that's all everyone calls you... you kinda just roll with it." He said. "Who cares what everyone else calls you, just because you're unapologetically you... doesn't make you a freak." You said.

You took another sip of the beer. "That's rare to find in a person. Someone that isn't afraid to be themselves, despite the social stigma." You said. "I knew I liked you for a reason, Y/N." Eddie said as he took another drink. "Both beauty... and brains." He smiled as he stood up, now standing in front of you, he pushed a strand of loose hair behind your ear.

You smiled and blushed at his sudden gesture. "How's the beer? Feeling more relaxed now?" He asked as he sat down next to you. "A lot. I'm just getting cold now, especially my hands." You said. "Here... I'll warm them." He said as he took your hands in his, he begins to massage and rub them softly creating friction that slowly warms them. "Is that a little better?" He asked as he looked at you.

"A lot better." You said as you looked him in the eyes. "Attagirl." He smiled at you again, slowly releasing his hands from yours. "I need to know, Y/N." He said as he shifted his weight. "Yeah?" You asked. "Are you not worried about what people would think?" He asked. "What do you mean Eddie?" You asked as you put your hand on his forearm.

"I mean... you're on a date with me. If you'd even call this a date, I wouldn't know since you're the first girl to even agree to hangout with me. But, thats besides the point. If people found out that you hungout with me, you're going to get some pretty interesting questions." He said as he drank the rest of his beer.

You looked at him shaking your head. "I could care less, Eddie. It's my life and I can choose who I want to be with and who I want to hangout with." You said. "I need to know why you said yes to me, Y/N." He said, now looking at you instead of the floor. You looked at him smiling again, while another blush crept up on your cheeks. You finished off your beer as you admitted your feelings to him. "Because, I like you idiot." You giggled.

Eddie sat there, looking at you, studying your face. "And you're not joking?" He asked. "Cross my heart." You said as you placed your finger on your chest and crossed it. Eddie broke eye contact, smiling widely before looking back at you. "Well, believe me when I tell you that the feeling is mutual." He smirked.

You sat there smiling as you pushed the strand of hair that Eddie pushed back behind your ear. "Do you want another beer?" He asked as he stood up. "Oh, uh... no thanks. I should probably get going. I don't want my mom to panick if I'm not home by the time practice ends." You said as you stood up.

"Oh, right yeah." Eddie nodded. "Can I at least walk you home? It's getting late and I don't want nothing bad happening to you." He said. "Sure, Munson. I'd like that." You smiled as you grabbed your bag and began walking home with Eddie.