Chapter 1: Unexpected Encounter

Hazel sighed due to the behaviour of the kids she was babysitting. Never in her whole career had she met such a rowdy bunch. And by 'bunch' she was actually talking about two very naughty kids. It was around 7pm and she suddenly remembered what the parents said to her before they left for their first date in ages. "Make sure they are sound asleep before its half past 7 if not, we will never hire you again and destroy your career." That's what she could recall from her memories and just thinking about it gave her the chills. She decided it would be more of a hastle to do it later so she got the kids changed and and led them upstairs.

* after an hour *

Hazel didn't realise it but an hour had passed and she was gradually drifting into a deep sleep. Suddenly, she heard the doorbell ring and got up because it was obviously the parents. She walked downstairs and opened the door. Instead of the parents of the children, a tall man stood in their place.

He wore an obsidian suit. His hair was combed back and it was the colour of a raven's feathers. He had a glint of blood lust in his eyes and the crimson colour proved her suspicion. The tall man in front of Hazel was a bloody vampire?!

Hazel stuttered uncontrollably, "C-can I-I h-help you....sir?"

"You're not Mr Smith," he replied while studying the short girl in front of him.

They stared at each other in awkward silence until it was broken when the parent's car was pulling over in front of the gate. The unknown man retreated his eyes from Hazel and turned around to be greeted by a rather terrified look on Mr Smith's face. All the man did was smile and made a hand gesture inviting Mr and Miss Smith into their own home. Hazel looked at the adults that had hired her and they mothed for her to leave immediately and of course she obeyed.

As she walked out, she was abruptly stopped in her tracks as she could feel a tight grip around her wrist. To her surprise it was the man she had opened the door to.

He spoke in a deep but calm voice "I insist that you stay miss babysitter"

All Hazel did was nod and walk back in the house. The only thing she was hoping wouldn't happen is that the kids would wake up.

As she sat back down next to Mr and Miss Smith, they all turned to the man and he unexpectedly lunged at Mr Smith. Her body froze and blood splattered past her eyes in slow motion. The only thing that was heard were the cries and pleas of Miss Smith. The man turned his head and was about to jump on Miss Smith but instinctively Hazel got up and shielded the older woman with her body. Her back was faced towards the exit but Miss Smith was already turned around.

"Goodbye good for nothing babysitter!" She yelled as she ran for the door. She was blocked by the man and to Hazel's horror she watched, paralyzed on the spot by fear, as his sharp teeth bit into her former client's neck.

After he finished draining the blood from the corpse he finally remembered that the babysitter was still there. He turned towards her direction and she stared to back up toward the wall. The man put his hands on either side of the wall so she couldn't escape. He leaned in until their faces were only a few inches from each other. Due to her breathing difficulties, Hazel's sight was slowly being corrupted by darkness. She whispered one last thing to the mysterious man, "don't...hurt the...children.." and them she passed out. It was clear that the man was shocked that this lady cared more about the younger generation rather than her own life. All he did was smile. He slowly and carefully picked up Hazel and walked out the door. He knew ever since she opened that door...that she was the one he was looking for. Before he left, he also made sure that her wish would be fufilled so he dropped the kids off to an orphanage as they didn't have parents anymore.