Chapter 1: Getting adopted

Sophie's POV

When I got news from Sasha saying that someone already wants to adopt me, I was happy. Why am I getting adopted you ask, it's because my parents died yesterday from snake venom, they stayed in Egypt. Sasha and I can both speak Egyptian and Arabic fluently.

Sasha: Sophie, you new family is here.

I'm glad I decided to teach Sasha how to speak Egyptian and Arabic fluently.

Me: coming Sasha

I walked downstairs, I took a beep breath, I get incredibly nervous when I meet new people. I walked downstairs, I saw a man in his mid-30s and his son you looks to be a nine or ten year old child.

Sasha: Larry, Nicky, this is Sophie, her parents were killed by snake venom

Me: Thanks a lot Sasha, I can't trust you with a secret even if my life depended on it.

I hate it when she tells people that my parents were killed by snake venom, I can't trust her with a secret even if my life depended on it.

Larry: Hello Sophie, I'm Larry, this my son, Nicky. Have you been to the Museum of Natural History.

Me: hi, Larry and Nicky. Yes, I have, I've always wanted to stay behind after closing hours in the Egyptian hall but I have to be back here at a certain time.

Yay, freedom from an orphanage. Don't get me wrong I love Sasha but being in an orphanage is boring, especially when you don't know anyone.

Larry: it's nearly 5 o clock, I need to get to the Museum and lock up

I followed Larry and Nicky out to their car, I was mainly quiet until Larry asked me a question

Larry: are you good with weird things

Me: yes

We stopped outside the Museum of Natural History.