{27} Wilbur Soot's Incredible Idea(s)

CW/TW: swearing, flirting, slight angst, new character mentioned in the story! (lore still).
.

.

.

.

.
Quackity POV:

Quackity groaned in annoyance after he heard Wilbur's footsteps grow further away from the office door.

I don't know wether to laugh or cry right now.

A knock at said door interrupted his thoughts, and he sighed before walking over and turning the door knob.

"Wilbur I swear to god if you're back again I'm- well I don't know what I'm going to do but it felt right to threaten you- oh." The door opened to reveal Slimecicle standing at the there.

"Welcome back Slime, How was your trip?"

Quackity opened the door wider and Slime hurriedly entered the room.

"It was great Quackity from Las Nevadas! I made new friends whilst I explored the forest around Las Nevadas! They lived in a van."

Quackity froze for a moment before he began to laugh.

"So you met Tommy and Wilbur?" Slime nodded.

"Well that's pretty cool- Uhm but you told me you were going on a camping trip with friends for however long you were gone- wow it's nearly been four months oh my god- anyways that's not what I mean, what I'm trying to say is that you told me you were with others, not that you were exploring the forest alone."

Slime smiled and put both his hands on his hips.

"I was camping with friends! I occasionally visited TommyInnit from L'manberg and Wilbur Soot from L'manberg, but I mainly hung out with the squirrels and the mice!"

Quackity furrowed his brows and ran a hand through his hair as he thought about what he should say next.

"Okay..just, next time you go somewhere actually tell me who with. I want you to be safe, Slime. I'm not sure what I would do if you- nevermind."

Quackity crossed his arms and his expression softened.

"Oh I forgot to ask, what brings you to my office?"

Slimecicle smiled even wider at Quackity's question, and opened his mouth to speak.

"I ran into Wilbur Soot from L'manberg on my way into the building and he told me to give you a message!"

Quackity raised his eyebrows and flicked his hand to tell Slime to continue explaining.

"He told me, 'Could you tell my dear Quackity to meet me at the burger van in about an hour or two?" Then he winked at me."

Quackity felt his cheeks heat up, and he tried to cover it up by scoffing and covering his face with his hands, taking a few moments to regain his composure before looking back up at a very confused Slimecicle.

"Quackity from Las Nevadas, are you alright? Wilbur Soot from L'manberg has told me to tell him your reaction so if you wanted to explain it that would be good!"

Quackity grumbled incoherent sentences to himself before he lifted his head and made eye contact with the unusually happy Slime in-front of him.

"I'm fine, Slime. Thank you for telling me, I'll probably leave in half an hour."

Slimecicle nodded and waved a silent goodbye before leaving the room.

Quackity watched as the door closed, and waiting a few moments before pacing around his office.