the proposed proposals

Just as Kinn stepped out of the shower, he heard a knock at his door. Wrapping a bathrobe around his body, he toweled his hair as he went to the door.

"Someone smells nice," Porsche said, leaning against the door with his hips angled to the frame and one hand in his hair.

Kinn scoffed.

"What are you doing?" Kinn asked, walking back into the room as Porsche followed him in.

"I'm trying to be sexy."

Kinn shook his head as he turned on the TV for Porsche and went to investigate his box. He hadn't had time to unpack the whole day, so he just rustled through his things and took out a pair of navy blue pajamas.

"Where's Vegas?" Porsche asked. "I need a place to sleep and Toss has three roommates."

"Vegas is out."

"Where?"

Kinn couldn't answer that. Vegas was doing other stuff. Family stuff. Stuff that Kinn couldn't work into polite conversation. He had to be away. Which was why Kinn was shocked that Vegas had offered to stay in camp.

Kinn could afford to. He had Tankhun. He had Kim. If Kinn was missing in action for six months, his family wouldn't crumble under the pressure.

Vegas, on the other hand, was the only adult son. He had to do everything and he would rather put a bullet in his own eye than let their dad send his baby brother, Macau out on one of those jobs.

"Fine. Keep your dangerous family secrets."

"What happened to your own room?"

"My roommate is possessed."

"What?" Kinn asked. "Pete is an angel."

Porsche collapsed into the desk chair in the corner, facing away from Kinn so Kinn could get dressed.

"And I would never neglect you like this if I was your manager."

Kinn said it, jokingly. Well, half jokingly. It wasn't a secret that Kinn wanted Porsche under his label. Vegas knew it. Porsche knew it. Every media outlet had covered a story on it, at some point. Because Kinn knew he'd be better suited for Porsche's activism. They believed in the same things and there were so many organizations that would benefit from having Porsche appear at their functions. Vegas didn't allow that. Mostly because he often had conflicting interests with said organizations, considering half the things Vegas had his hand in.

For some reason, Porsche didn't fight Vegas on it. Causes that Kinn would have assumed Porsche would stand strong on, he usually caved to Vegas without question. It baffled Kinn and sometimes, it felt like Vegas was stifling him, just a little.

But they were passed that now. Porsche had shut Kinn down over and over and over again, refusing to explain why he wouldn't work for Kinn. Why their relationship could never be professional.

Now, it was just a joke for Kinn to say this. At least, he always played it off as a joke. Because if Porsche chose to leave Vegas, Kinn would take him in a moment.

"Bullshit," Porsche said.

"I'd be better than Vegas."

"No, you wouldn't."

"Say what you want, but you wouldn't have had that two-year hiatus with me."

Porsche turned to him.

"What if I needed a hiatus? You don't know what happened."

"Tell me, then."

Kinn pulled on his trousers, then tossed the bathrobe away as he grabbed the top of the pajamas.