the offer of... more?

Porsche didn't know what he'd expected, when he left Kinn's apartment that morning. A call? A text? An ambush at the rally? Recent interactions with Kinn had proven that he was very capable of cutting Porsche off. They weren't kids anymore. Kinn didn't believe Porsche hung the moon.

He checked his phone again. Nothing.

Sitting in the crowd with other speakers and celebrities, Porsche followed the rally, listening to various speeches, watching the attending schools send up their representatives for mini-debates, and some short, song performances. He'd been at these rallies a number of times to know that they mattered more to the children and the schools than the general public. It would hardly get any press, besides press that was specifically interested in furthering omega rights.

Still, Porsche had come with security. Vegas wouldn't have it any other way. Rallies were out in the open, with scanty protection. Porsche had gotten caught in a stampede, once. No injuries. He'd found safety relatively quickly, but Vegas didn't want that happening again. For the day, Porsche got to have his very own squad of minor family guards posted around.

Searching the crowd, as he'd been doing all day, Porsche didn't see Kinn. If for nothing, he'd at least expected that Kinn would show up to try to get him to submit again. Porsche had a full argument, locked and loaded. But that meant absolutely nothing if Kinn was never there to hear it.

Putting on his mini fan, Porsche crossed his legs and tried to concentrate on the speaker on the podium.

"Is this seat taken?"

"No, it's not," Porsche said, looking at the man standing beside him. Quickly, he sat up.

"Thank you," Tod said, sitting beside Porsche as he leaned back and crossed his legs, too.

They were in public, Porsche reminded himself. Tod wasn't going to make a scene. Whatever bit of focus Porsche had been sparing the event vanished, zeroing in on the man by his side. Because, all of a sudden, Porsche was praying to every deity in existence that Kinn wouldn't choose this moment to show up.

"You threw my card away," Tod said, placing his hand on the back of Porsche's seat. "It's fine. I have more."

He held out another card. Porsche stared down at it, not bothering to take it.

"I didn't know you attended omega rallies."

"I don't."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I came for you, of course," he said, shamelessly.

Porsche kept his face straight at the podium because pictures were being taken. With how Tod was sitting, if Porsche turned to him, there would be no words suitable to explain that this conversation was anything but intimate.

There was a murmur in the crowd as several people in front, the few press that had managed to show up, suddenly started turning around, moving into the crowd to take pictures. Porsche wondered what they were looking at. When he turned, he saw two sharply dressed men, walking into the arena, followed by bodyguards. Ushers rushed to make room, with new chairs being placed at the front for the men who walked up and sat.

Porsche couldn't believe his eyes.

Frank Niran, CEO of Eventis Limited, and Songkarn Tanawat, CEO of Bloomtech, were currently sitting in the front row of an omega rally. Two, prominent business tycoons with an aversion to public appearances... had appeared at an omega rally, ensuring that the rally would go from being of mere importance to omega activist groups, to nation-wide interest. The kind of exposure that none of the celebrities in the audience could have afforded.