⊛︎┋︎Boredom ┋︎⊛︎

hi . this is gareth, the writer of this story . i recently fell in love with hardzello again so uhh .  . here i am . im mostly on ao3 but im back <3

hope you enjoy .

            ―︎―︎―︎✰︎ ·︎✭︎ ·︎✮︎ ·︎☽︎·︎ ✮︎·︎ ✭︎·︎ ✰︎ ―︎―︎―︎

⌇︎9 : 25 am .⌇︎

Joe let out a sigh as he got up from his bed and rubbed his eyes. Thankfully, it was a weekend but yesterday was such a stressful day. All he wanted to do was go back to bed. But, breakfast was needed . . and maybe some coffee, too.

As he brushed his teeth in the bathroom, he remembered that his friend, Lucy, had told him about this new coffee shop a few blocks away from his flat. It wasn't that far of a walk and the streets didn't seem too busy, so, he might as well go there.

It had previously rained, though, so the streets were filled with puddles and the air was left smelling like fresh rain — a smell Joe loved.

Joe quickly got dressed into something comfortable but warm. He grabbed his wallet, keys, and phone. Turning off the lights, he exited his bedroom and walked over to the front door. He let out another sigh — relief this time — and left, locking the door to his flat before walking towards the stairs.

            ―︎―︎―︎✰︎ ·︎✭︎ ·︎✮︎ ·︎☽︎·︎ ✮︎·︎ ✭︎·︎ ✰︎ ―︎―︎―︎

⌇︎9 : 38 am .⌇︎

It wasn't much of a bad walk — besides his shoes getting wet by the deep puddles on the sidewalk, which made a small but annoyed groan leave his lips as he looked down at his now brown shoes.

He carried on, though, entering the small coffee shop after wiping his shoes on the small welcome matt in - front.

A small smile was left on his lips as he looked around. Small, green plants in different plant pots cluttered some tables and the ceilings of the shop. It was decorated with small quotes on the walls and brown accents everywhere. The counters were white with gray and black spots all over, making an almost peppery look. It was welcoming and it felt warm.

Joe walked up to the counter, ordering a coffee that seemed pretty good from the menu and sat down. He almost regretted not getting a breakfast sandwich but he'll get one later. Besides, he wasn't feeling too hungry.

He pulled out his phone and scrolled around on social media, looking at cool pictures and his friends posts. A small chuckle left his lips as he read a small post.

But, he was interrupted by a man walking up to his table in - front of the window, with a small tray. Joe looked up and his eyes widened at the sight.

Ben, the name on the name - tag, was a beauty. His blonde hair was brushed to the side, a small strand going over his forehead. His thin, red lips had a bright smile on them, making Joe blush slightly.

"Hi .ᐟ Here's your order. I hope you enjoy." Ben said, a small blush creeping up on his cheeks as he noticed Joe's reaction. The boy was adorable to Ben — his phone still in his hands as he stilled, speechless.

Reality hit him in the face as the soft, inviting voice entered his ears. "O - Oh .ᐟ Thank you . . um — " He squinted his eyes at the name - tag. " Ben .ᐟ" Ben . . That name sounded great coming off of Joe's tongue.

"You're very welcome . . — " Ben was about to respond when Joe interrupted him.

"It's Joe." The coffee made everything better as the smell went up his nose, making him hum. Ben's face brightened up by the answer.

"Well, you're very welcome, Ben. Please enjoy." And with that, he left. Ben began to freak out as he entered the back room and leaned against the crates.

Joe answered with a 'Thank you' as Ben left and mentally freaked out, as well as he sipped on his coffee which — was absolutely amazing. It was perfect for what he needed. But, he was left with some sort of . . guilt ִ 𖤠 No. He did feel sad that he didn't ask for the taller man's number. But, he'll leave that until next time.

            ―︎―︎―︎✰︎ ·︎✭︎ ·︎✮︎ ·︎☽︎·︎ ✮︎·︎ ✭︎·︎ ✰︎ ―︎―︎―︎

⌇︎10 : 15 am. ⌇︎

After Joe finished his coffee, he got up and grabbed his coat, throwing it back on.

He looked around the coffee shop, trying to find Ben. But, he was left unlucky as he only saw the other workers doing their jobs.

He left satisfied but with a small frown. It would have been nice seeing the blonde once again. Though, he'd be in Joe's head for days to come.

            ―︎―︎―︎✰︎ ·︎✭︎ ·︎✮︎ ·︎☽︎·︎ ✮︎·︎ ✭︎·︎ ✰︎ ―︎―︎―︎

okay hi . i hope you enjoyed that first chapter . i didn't write too much because im still suffering through writers block but heres what i got .

gawd i love them so fucking much.