CHAPTER 1: KILLER ON THE LOOSE

KAYLENE DELARA

The breeze was freezing cold. It is 5 a.m. in the morning. My routine was to get up early, jog a few miles, get coffee and do something new. That's my new morning routine here in Iloilo. Ever since I visited Iloilo, I have always felt free and belonged. Sometimes, I think there's so much to learn here, especially the dialect they're speaking. I caught my breath and wiped my sweat with my arms. There's a gym in the upper part of the hotel. I wanted to jog outside but I just didn't because of the news. It's still dangerous to go outside, alone. I'm not scared about it, I'm being cautious and all. I might be the next victim. That. I don't want that to happen.

TRENDING NEWS...

2 MORE WOMEN WERE NOW MISSING. THE VICTIMS OF THE 3 PERSONS ARE GIVING MONEY TO THOSE WHO SAW THEM.

From my phone, a notification appeared. The two victims mentioned in the article are still women and are still missing. My curiosity again prompted me to read the article.

As Police Officer Montano stated, it may be a gang of criminals or someone using them as sexual objects of desire.

Sexual objectification?! LIke..tch..those bastards...

FOR MORE INFO VISIT ILOILONEWSDAILY.COM

I hung up the phone and returned to my room. I took a shower because I was sticky. The cool water on my skin made me feel at ease. I requested food service while drying my hair with a towel. I don't know, I just wanted to sit here and do nothing all day. I intended to be productive today, but it appears that my feet are giving out despite a light workout.

While I was arranging my books, I listened to some music on YouTube. I went to the mall yesterday to kill time. 'Books are the cure for boredom,' as the saying goes. After I bought it, I began reading. I purchased five books. That's fine if they say I'm a book nerd. Back in the US, I used to have a lot of books.

When the doorbell rang, I got out of bed and went to open it.

"Good morning, ma'am Delara!" "Here's your bed and breakfast," said the server, carrying a bed tray table. I could smell the food. Delicious!! My stomach churned.

"Perfect timing," I said, awkwardly laughing at the server. The server smiled broadly at me. I thanked him while he bowed after he placed it on the bed.

It's finally time to eat!

I began eating my food. Thank goodness it's Filipino food. Chicken Tocino, Tapa, and fried rice with a Sunny-side up egg. It also includes pandesal and hot chocolate.

 It also includes pandesal and hot chocolate