⤷ 𝟛𝟜,, 𝕓𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕

"y/n, i need attention."

"tsumu, you literally have five more friends around you," you say with a sigh, pushing him away as he tries to wrap his arms around you for a hug.

"woah, rude," he says with a pout.

"you can hang out with me!" kaykay says, grabbing onto atsumu's arm. "you can sit next to me, if you want to?" they offer.

atsumu smiles and nods, "yuh! ha, y/n, look! at least kaykay wants to be close to me," he says. he sticks out his tongue to you and plops down next to his fellow setter.

"congrats," you mumble, leaning over the edge of the bleachers. you look at the court. you just want them to get on that court again so you can see him play.

seeing kageyama play. it might be one of your favourite things to do.

he just looks so damn good.

but you're never admitting that, lol.

"so why are we all watching karasuno and nekoma again?" suna asks with a yawn, "i literally couldn't care less about them."

"because y/n is friends with one, riley is friends with all of them, and i want to see shoyo-kun play!" atsumu says as he looks at his friend.

"yeah, okay, you three are literally the only ones that care about this."

"that's true," riley says, and she shrugs, "but come one, it's going to be fun. you might even learn something from it, rin."

suna scoffs, "hmpf, shut up, you peasant."

"i know you love me, bro."

riley chuckles and takes place next to you. she turns her head towards you, "are you alright?" she asks you.

you move your head towards her and nod a little, "yeah, i'm just excited to see the match i guess. i wasn't ready to leave yet, so it's fun that we get to see today's match. you also told me this was a special one, so i'm curious."

she nods, "yeah, it is. but i wasn't actually referring to this," she says, motioning to the court and the volleyball players. "i was talking about you and kaiya."

you sigh, "oh, yeah, that. i don't know," you mumble, eyes focusing on the court.

you lean your head on your hands that are resting on the railing. you sigh and watch a match on one of the other courts.

"i don't know how we can fix this. i'm mad at kaiya, but i don't feel like she's doing anything to fix this between us," you answer honestly. "but i wish we could go back to normal, because i miss my cousin, kinda."

riley nods and leans her head in her hands as well, mimicking your form. "i think she just doesn't know how to fix this, but i do know that she's sorry and that she misses you. i hope you two can talk about it later so you can fix it, because you deserve an explanation."

"thank you," you say as you move your head to look at her, "that means a lot."

she smiles, "no problem."

"you know," you start, then looking back at the court. "i don't know you for that long, but it feels like i've known you for way longer," you finish. you smile and stand up again. "it's weird."

the brown haired girl chuckles and stands up as well.

"mhm. you have no idea, y/n. i feel the same way."

just when those words leave her lips, a familiar team walks onto the court.

your eyes widen and a big smile grows onto your lips when you spot the certain boy with blueberry hair.

he looks around, his head then moving up to the bleachers. when he spots your form, a smile grows on his lips.

you came to watch his match.

you wave a little at the boys on the court. the ginger haired kid jumps up and down as he waves back, "hello, kageyama's friend! oh, and atsumu-san! hello!"

you chuckle at him. kageyama rolls his eyes at hinata's behaviour, but right after the same smile as before returns.

just because you're so cute.

and because he's just a little excited for the match.

"are you crows ready?" a certain black haired male says, eyes on the team.

"because we sure as hell are ready to destroy you all."

"oh, you bet, kuroo-san."

( ✰ )

"i simp for that guy," riley says as she points at nekoma's captain.

you turn your head to look at the black haired male. he looks like he just got out of bed.

"why?" you ask, looking at your friend.

she chuckles, "he's hot, that's why."

"guys with a bed head are your type?" you ask with a frown, to which she shrugs.

"you could say that," riley answers.

you frown and look at nekoma's captain. he's not your type per se (also because you're so focused on a certain blueberry haired male), but he is indeed pretty good looking.

"actually, captains are more my type," riley says after a while. she points at karasuno's number one, "that's daichi, he's also my type. i also like bokuto. i believe karasuno played them, but there's this captain, terushima– gosh, he's a blessing for the world with his looks."

you chuckle at her words, "you're a strange one, riley," you say with a smile. you nudge her, "you should go for one."

the brown haired girl chuckles, "mhm, maybe. only i wouldn't know who i'd go for, i like too many men. i've got a thing for akaashi and the twins too if i'm being honest."

"THE TWINS?" you bring out, your eyes widening. "eh, hate to break it to you, but i would never see that happening."

she widens her eyes, "oh, i know!" she brings out with a laugh, "i mean, for them, it's more besties vibes. although, akaashi does kinda have my heart."

you think about akaashi, "you and him would be cute together," you say in all honesty. "he'd be lucky to have someone like you."

a small blush creeps upon her cheeks, "mhm, that's sweet. but then again, look at the science nerd. he's a fucking snack too, how could i choose between those like them?"

you take another look at nekoma's captain, "yeah... i can see you and him together too. you're pretty crazy, but he seems like someone like that too. but, akaashi can also stay friends with bokuto, so that means that you and him could work too!" you finish your little analyse.

"sorry for rambling, love isn't something you just think about because it might fit."

riley nods, "no, it's always some soulmate shit or something. you never know who you'll end up, until you find the one."

"and we both haven't found them yet," you say with a pout.

"what if we have?"

riley looks up. she moves her head towards you, "it's just a thought, but what if we met them? you never know, maybe it just wasn't the right time, or maybe you haven't realized yet. sometimes things just aren't the right time. sometimes other things need to happen for you to realize that the one was right in front of you."

you nod, "you're right, but i doubt i have met mine," you mumble, eyes on the blue haired boy that wears the number nine on his back.

"because sometimes," you sigh, your eyes closing for a second.

"sometimes feelings just aren't mutual."

( ✰ )

author's note🫶

i don't know what this was i guess it was a filler

edit: i'm not happy with this but it's kinda needed for the story too. omfg i feel like the national chapters are lacking mates—