All Alone

Backstory: It's 1966 and Frank is at the Sands Hotel performing. Your at his Rancho Mirage home (which is about a 4 hour difference between the two places).

It's about 6pm, I'm feeling a bit lonely so I decide to call Frank.

"Hi, may I speak with Frank Sinatra please?"

"Hi, sure. May I ask who is calling."

"Yes, this is Mrs Sinatra."

"Well hello, Mrs Sinatra. I connect you to his room now. Have a good night."

————————————————————————

"Hello, this is Frank. Who's calling?"

Right there, that was all I needed to hear to feel better.

"Frank darling, it's me!"

"Oh hi honey! I'm so glad you called me. But unfortunately I won't be able to stay on for long, I'm about to go down and perform."

"Oh... well, I just called to tell you I miss you."

"I miss you too darling. I wish you came with me."

"Well... you better go. Talk soon?"

"Of course. Wish me luck. I love you."

"Good luck. I love you too."

I kissed the phone as if he were actually here, then hung up. There I was again, all alone. I better start to get ready for bed then.

I got up to run a bath and as the bath was running, I got our portable player and some of my favourite records. I lit some candles and brought in some tea. I tied my hair up and slipped into the bath.

I didn't know if I was anxious or tired or calm. I just really missed him. Nevertheless started to play and all I wanted to do is cry.

Maybe I'm right, and maybe I'm wrong
Maybe I'm weak, maybe I'm strong
But nevertheless I'm in love with you...

I missed his face, his voice, his eyes, smile, hair, cheeks... I missed all of him.

An hour went by and the record came to a stop. I hopped out of the bath, more tired than I was when I got in. I got dressed and started to pack the bathroom up. Blew out the candle, packed the records and player away, grabbed my empty cup and walked out to the kitchen to start cleaning up there.

It's now 11:30pm and I'm exhausted. I walked to our bedroom. Fixed a few things up then put on my table lamp and turned out the main light. Just as I turn around to head to the bed, I feel a hand grab me. I panicked... but it was too late.

Within split seconds, I was pulled into the most passionate yet gentle kiss of my life. There's a hand wrapped around my waist and hand supporting my head. I break the kiss...

"Frank! Wha- I- What-..."

He cuts me off.

"Questions later."

He goes in for the second kiss and slowly pushes me onto the bed. When his lips touched mine, my heart burned. It was like someone had lit a match in my chest. I wrap my hands around him and pull him closer.

How did he know I needed him? How did he get here so fast? My mind flooded with questions but they all disappeared when he broke the kiss and he just looked at me...

"I missed you, that's all you need to know. I really really missed you."

I shook my head looking into his deep blue eyes. He cracked a small chuckle and kissed my cheek. We just laid there and eventually fell asleep. He hugged me tightly as if I was his teddy bear.

Now that's all I needed... I needed my husband.