CHAP 22: The Guilt

Green-Wood Cemetery,
Brooklyn, New York City.

Life. A meaningful life.

People born, and died every single day. People face it every day. It is either a celebration, or a time to grieve. Losing someone is something that everyone would face, but not everyone could handle. The weather is quite cloudy, and gloomy. The evening shadows has already deepened into blue and purple, as the wind is blowing softly along with the people who come to pay their last respect for the deceased.

Alexander, Isaacs, Joseph, Liam, Corrie Lee, and a few more agents from the FBI, the higher ups, and the family and friends of the deceased is all dressed in black. Joseph who is currently standing with Liam look up in front him as he sees Damien walks into the cemetery. 

In order to protect his identity, Damien did not come with the rest of them. He wear his black coats, and a black shades, standing with the crowds. Joseph walk towards his direction, went past a few people in the crowds.

"Have you found his body?" Damien asks with a low voice, as Joseph stands beside him.

"I've already discharge several units to looked all over the East River yesterday.. we found nothing." Joseph replied, with a deep sighs. His eyes is still focus on the grave in front of them.

"Even the NYPD came yesterday to help.. but it seems like that psycho got away.. " Joseph adds.

"He has to pay for this.. I'm going to find that motherfucker."

"We all want the same thing." Joseph replied. Isaacs who notice that Joseph is currently talking with Damien come towards their direction.

"You've came." He said to Damien.

Damien just nods at Isaacs. He had to pay his respect to a fellow FBI agent. The agent died an honorable death, and they will make sure that this lose will be not in vain. Ash Bryan will pay for this.. All of them. Damien thought to himself as he looks at people who put the white rose on the grave one by one.

"How is Joanna?" Damien asks.

"When we bring her to the ER yesterday, the doctor said that it was just some kind of drug that intend to knock her off." Joseph replied.

"So why in the hell is she still unconscious?"

"Turns out, it's not just a regular drug that criminal used.. it's quite strong, that is why it takes some time for her to wake up.. but no worries, I just spoke with our agent that I put to look out for Joanna at the hospital, they said she's okay.. she might've already wake up as we speak right now." Joseph explain, with a deep sighs.

Yesterday was a total disaster. With Ash Bryan nowhere to be found, and an agent died..

"Joanna would be devastated when she woke up and hear this news.." Isaacs suddenly said.

Damien stares at the grave in silence upon hearing Isaacs's statement. He just stand there, deep in his thought. This news will surely effect her, and that fact is bothering him.

Both Isaacs and Joseph let out a deep sighs. Alexander glance towards their direction. His eyes is looking at Damien. The image of yesterday incident is playing on his mind. How Damien recklessly drove the truck like a mad man to catch up with the ambulance, and how Damien carried Joanna out from the ambulance at the Brooklyn Bridge when they've arrived at the scene. He never seen Damien look so worried like that.

Whatever it is between them, he knows that Damien care for Joanna, deeply.

********************

Brooklyn Hospital Centre,
121 DeKalb Avenue, Brooklyn,
New York City.