Chapter 1

"Well, that sounds compelling."

     Penelope sarcastically muttered after her fortune-telling believer friend Layla was done with the session with her fortune teller, Madam Celi.

     "Oh, Penny, why don't you try it too?" Layla looked at her with pleading eyes. Ever since she went with her friend to this small but elegant stall near the souvenir booth of the amusement park, they went every time Layla had love problems. This stall is very noticeable with its typical thick red curtains hanging around the booth, and a signboard carved in wood saying "Madam Celi". The most stunningly glowing crystal ball sitting on top of a clothed table that has a set of chairs gave it away that it is a hoax for Penny.

     "I don't know, Lays. I don't really believe in this kind of thing." That remark made the fortune teller look at her with steady eyes, silently reading her despite not starting yet.

     "Oh honey, come sit here. I don't want to scare you...yet."

     Penny looked at the fortune teller weirdly while slowly going to the empty seat that many people have sat on, wanting to skittishly predict their future and probably thinking they wouldn't actually believe this lady right?

     Once she sat, she stared at her. There's no way they would believe her.

     The fortune teller lady then started to chant a mantra with her eyes closed, her hands hovering over the glowing crystal ball. It was getting intense when she began moving her hands around the ball. Penny felt cold for a while which made her baffled. When Madam Celi stopped, the cold chills were gone.

     "Do you have a boyfriend dear?"

     Penny raised her eyebrows. "None."

     "Well, that explains it."

     "Why? What did you see?"

     Madam Celi looked at her, laughed maniacally, and stopped abruptly.

     Penny confusingly looked at her like she was crazy. Did she see something funny about her love life?

     Madam Celi looked dead serious. "You will never meet the right guy and fall in love." She then smiled. "However, during the course of seeing it, it will change. Because of this certain person in your future or should I say, the love of your life where you have the tiniest chance to meet him will flip it. That is if on your first date he will take you to the amusement park, dear."

     "What? It would be any guy or every other guy who will take me on a date. The amusement park is the best place to go for a date in—"

     "Uh-huh." Madam Celi interrupted Penny. " I know you won't believe me so..."

     "Enough with the shenanigans Madam. Could you just get straight to the point?" Penny said annoyingly.