Chapter 3

It’s been a month since Nathan’s ‘failed confession’ or that is what Penelope thought. Here she is again with her best friend crying her eyes out because of love problems with Madam Celi. When Layla decided to leave for the bathroom, Madam Celi looked pointedly at Penelope.

     “I know you saw him.”

     Penelope laughed. “You were wrong Madam. He did have that necklace but didn’t even ask me out.”

     “I am never wrong dear. Let me tell you something. There was this boy who went here because he wanted to know if he had a chance with you. I saw in my readings that you were so stubborn and shallow that you thought he was joking if he ever asked you out. Then, he knows you always go here with your best friend. He paid me to “talk you out into your future” that you will be with him for he knows you don’t believe these things.”

     “What? Did he pay you to lie?!”

     “No dear. I do not lie to my clients. I did not accept the money. I just gave him a favor. I will read your future to know if he really had a chance with you. Well, you already know the answer. What I said happened right? That really made me laugh. What are the odds?”

     Penelope just watched the fortune teller silently, slowly sinking in that Nathan might be joking.

     “Oh no. Now, that was really compelling. I am really thinking he is joking. I need to ask him again now.”  Penelope then wondered. “ Madam Celi, um-he’s really not gay?

     Madam Celi laughed.

     “Oh dear, he’s not. You both need a serious talk.”

     Madam Celi watched Penelope drag a confused Layla who was coming from the bathroom to the exit.

     “Thank you Madam Celi. We will be back.”

     The fortune teller knows she will not be coming back. Well, she will be back tomorrow with news that will change Penelope’s future for better or for worse.