Chapter 6

I woke up to someone screaming. I knew it was my mum. I scrambled out of bed and ran to her room. Aunt Cissy was already there trying to calm her down. 

"It's her mark" she whispered. "Mum?" I spoke, trying to bring her back but the pain was too strong. She started scratching at her arm to try and stop the pain. 

"Delphi, pin her down" Cissy spoke. I didn't hesitate and I grabbed her right arm to hold her down. "Get off me! Please... it burns!" she yelled. 

I didn't let go of her even though I felt awful. Aunt Cissy placed an incantation on her arm which stopped the pain for a little while.

"There Bella, are you alright?" Cissy asked her. She nodded and sat back up once we released her. "I'm sorry you had to see this Delphi" she frowned. 

"It's alright mum. It's not your fault" I whispered, hugging her tight. 

"What was all of that about?" Cissy asked now that she wasn't in any more pain. "He's back... and he was trying to call me. The longer it takes for me to answer... the more it hurts" she explained. 

"Why didn't you tell us he was back?" I asked. "I didn't want to worry you both" she admitted. "Mum you should have just said something" I whispered, trying not to cry. "I know, I'm sorry. You were going back to school and you've got important years coming up it was the last thing you needed to know" she confessed.

"I think your mother needs some space Delphi, come on" aunt cissy told me, grabbing my hand and leading me out of her bedroom. "Actually, Cissy... there was something I wanted to talk to you about" I said quietly. "Of course love, come on let's go to the library" she smiled.

We took a seat and she looked at me. "Well, what is it?" she asked. I took a deep breath, "I think I like someone Cissy but I don't know how to approach it" I admitted. She gasped, "Delphi! This is great news. Is it a girl?" she asked.

My eyes widened, "how did you know?" I asked in shock. "Delphi, I've always known" she chuckled. "I-" I started but didn't know exactly what to say. "There's no need to worry, you know that I will always be there for you" she said, taking my hands in hers. "Thank you Aunt Cissy" I smiled, giving her a hug. 

"Anyways, tell me everything" she smiled. "Well, she is so clever and funny. She has beautiful brown curly hair. We've become great friends recently but I feel like asking her out will ruin everything. I really like her Cissy" I told her. "Well, it seems to me that she's perfect! What do you think she will say if you ask her?" 

"I don't know. I'm not even sure if she's into girls" I sighed. "I see. The only thing I suggest you do Delphi is to speak to her. That is the only way you can find out her feelings about you. Approach it in a way that won't cause any problems between the two of you. Be gentle with her and take it seriously" 

"Are you sure Cissy?" I asked a little worried in case it won't work. "Absolutely" she smiled. "How did you know that Lucius liked you?" I asked her. "Well, it wasn't exactly like that. You see, my father needed me to marry into another rich, pureblooded family. I didn't get a choice in who I married but I always looked up to Lucius" she confessed. "Would you have married him if you had gotten the choice?" I asked her. 

"I'm not too sure. At first, I believe he didn't want to marry me. He was always with other girls in his year. When we got married I didn't trust him but over time, I learned that it is the way that my life would always be" she sighed. "Oh Cissy, I'm sorry" I said sympathetically. "Don't be sweetheart, he gave me my son and that's what I am most thankful for" she smiled softly. 

"Hey! What about me?" I said, offended. "You come in at a close second" she chuckled. I hit her playfully before hugging her hard. "Thank you Cissy, I really appreciate this" 

"Never a problem"