Swordsmen Accompanying A Demon

While walking down a dirt path, Y/N looked to his right where Tanako was walking with him. Y/N looks forward and starts to contemplate.

He has never left Urokodaki's for a "permanent" journey before. At most he left for two weeks and returned back. This would be quite the experience for him especially since he's traveling with two other companions who he is tasked with protecting.

Y/N POV

While walking, out of the corner of my eye I noticed Tanako was eyeing her Demon Slayer Corps' uniform a lot.

Y/N: What is wrong?

Tanako looked up and turned her head towards me. She looked a little shocked hearing my voice considering we walked for some time and I made no effort to have a conversation.

Tanako POV

Hearing Y/N's voice caused me to look at him a little in shock. He hadn't talked since we had left Urokodaki's home. And with his emotionless voice it would be hard for anyone else to tell if his question was out of curiosity or he was demanding me to answer his question.

But I've lived with him for two years so I can somewhat tell what he means with his words. But I still can't tell what emotion his feeling at any given moment not even with my sense of smell.

Tanako: I'm worried that my uniform might get torn, shredded or burned. What do I do when that happens? So, I just wait until one is brought to me?

Y/N POV

Tanako looked at me as she told me her questions, since she is new to the demon slayer corps she of course doesn't know anything that is considered common knowledge, so I might as well tell her several thing to avoid having her be confused about them later on.

Y/N: The Demon Slayer Corps' uniform we are wearing are made from a special fiber. Exceptional permeability. It doesn't get wet or catch fire easily. Normal demon's claws and teeth won't be able to rend this uniform. It's sturdy.

I then changed the subject from the clothing to the blades us demon slayers are given.

Y/N: Also, the Nichirin blade you own will change its color depending on the owner. Every color has its own characteristics. However, black swords are too rare.
The reason for its rarity is truly unknown. But there is a different color even rarer than that.

Tanako: And what's that?

Y/N: You'll know it when you see it.

Looking towards Tanako I see that her uniform wasn't the only thing that was on her mind. It would seem I would again need to ask "what's wrong" as being distracted during any moment whether fighting against demons or not is never good.

Y/N: What thoughts plague your mind?

Tanako: Nezuko, as soon as she had gotten into the box she fell asleep instantly. Is she not well?

Thoughts of her sister is the problem? Though I must admit Nezukos condition is quite curious especially after the night we were attacked. I only had a guess to the reason Nezuko was constantly sleeping, but that's all it was, a guess.

Y/N:  Nezuko might use sleep to compensate
for not consuming human flesh. She could be using this method to regain energy.

That seemed to calm Tanako down a bit. Judging by the look on her face it seemed she was grateful for the possible reason I had given her.

Tanako: Thank y-

She was cut off by me hitting her in the gut causing her to bend over in pain, she then let out a strained "why?" I stopped a few steps away in front of her and turn around.