Chapter One

"Here lass, bring them nails."

No need to get that beard in a knot, Sarah thought sharply as she hauled a large bucket of nails over to her mentor, #Richard Dramin, although much to her disadvantage the bucket was almost half the size of her.

"Ya see for a lance to be properly built you have to think about what angle it may be thrown at," Read chard explained.

Sarah had always been very intrigued by all the weaponry that came in and out of the shoppe. So just out of her of curiosity and boredom she took the books from Richard's shoppe and read one chapter everyday until she memorized every weapon and attack methods for hunting the dreaded beasts what terrorize the seas and destroy all the ships that dare to cross.

"Aye," Sarah knew Richard was just telling her because he thinks she doesn't know, but he had no idea that she had already read all them books about it.

"Lass, are ya paying attention," Richard has been an angry old man since he lost his wife to one of them beasts.

"No, I'd be wishing to use one of these weapons not just fix em," Sarah said with a sigh, she really loved helping Richard with the weapons but she longed to use em to kill them beasts.

"Lass ya know that the only way you'd be using a tool like these is to be a hunter on one of them fancy ships," he replied, sitting down on a stool near his wall of memorabilia for his wife.

"Come on," Richard continued, motioning for Sarah to come sit on the stool opposite him, "Hunting is a very dangerous job, and to be one you have to be very brave and skilled. And I ain't saying that you aren't those things but I don't want to find out that you got hurt or worse."

"I know Rich, but I've always wanted to take down one of them beasts with friends beside me," Sarah stated, and in all of her nine year old glory thought of her mother and father who were killed three years ago in an accident involving a drunk farmer and a hand canon.

"Your a big dreamer. Now let's get back to work."