Chapter Three

A/N this is one of my absolute favorite videos

*Time skip 3 weeks* 

The meeting with Crow, as Sarah liked to call him, went very well she had learned that he was only five years older than her at, twenty-one, and that his father had already show him something of great value to all the Captains' that had every served on the Inevitable although he never did tell her what it was. But when she asked he said that only the Captain and his or her first mate know what it is.

He told her stories of the beasts that they had killed and Sarah listened with intrigue and awe. Silently wishing that she herself, could follow him onto the Inevitable and hunt them beasts too. But every time a story ended Sarah and Crow sadly parted ways.

It took two weeks for the Inevitable to be repaired and set off again. So on the last day before it was launched Sarah met with Crow to wish him good luck and tell him to stay safe, for over them two weeks she and Crow had become best friends.

But now he was off at sea hunting them beasts and Sarah couldn't help but feel a little envious about all his adventures and battles. Her parents had always told her that she was a fighter, and when they died she vowed to prove them right.

So three days after the Inevitable launched. She had finished fixing all the weapons from the day she started training. Sarah trained at night in private so that one day if there were an opening she could gladly apply for the job as a sea beast hunter.

* * *

After two and a half weeks of training Sarah heard that the Inevitable had returned but in terrible condition. So, she closed early and went to the port, only to find the enormous hunting ship was floating at a 45 degree angle in the water, the sails were ripped to shreds, there was massive ve holes on the deck, and Sarah only caught sight of three or four of the hunters on board. 

"Sarah!"

Someone calling her name pulled her from her shock and she turned to see Crow. He was pale and had a cut above his right eyebrow. Her first instinct was to stay calm because he looked frantic and jittery. So, Sarah calmly walked over to him.

"What's wrong," she asked gently, for she didn't want to come off as uncaring. He looked her dead in the eyes, grabbed her wrist and drug her away from the crowd and into a dark alley.

When Crow let go of her wrist he looked at her and said, "Sarah no body can know, but me father was injured very badly in the battle and he is not expected to live very much longer. It was terrible, the beast killed over half of the crew and until me father is dead we have to keep it quiet."

She nodded and they locked eyes for a moment then he placed his hand on her left shoulder and they walked out from the alley.