Chapter 23

Jihyo's POV

It was 4 days after that confrontation with Nayeon, and today we decided to have that date again. But this time it'd happen somewhat late in the day.

At 7 PM, I would pick her up and at 7:40 PM we will be seated at our table and choosing from the menu.

I chose a fancy place- one I liked from way back then with Tzuyu.

They renovated the place and it looked absolutely gorgeous. I also heard that the food got even better than it already was.

I made sure to tell Nayeon that it was not just a restaurant, but one where those fancy, rich people eat at.

Which hopefully gave her the hint that she should dress up somewhat appropriate for the date.

Something I was quite excited about to see, considering she had great fashion choice.

I looked at the clock- it was 5:40 PM.

I should start getting ready for the date with Nayeon.

I jumped off the couch and went to my bedroom and then into my closet, where I looked around.

It's been a while since I last dressed up fancy, so the dresses might be somewhere in the back.

I looked through the closet and saw a classy, white dress hanging neatly in the back.

It looked great, especially with the silver accents it had.

So this will be the dress I'll be wearing this evening to the date with Nayeon- it'll be great I bet.

My feet padded along the floor as I headed to the bathroom with the dress, but just then did my phone go off.

A loud sigh came from me as I went back to the living room and picked up my phone- it was Jeongyeon.

***

"Yes?" I mumbled.

"Hey, Thomas. Are you upto anything? I'm planning to go out to the movies today but don't want to look all lonely by going by myself, mind joining?" The woman blurted out in one breath.

Too bad for her, I got my own plans.

"Nah, sorry. I'll be busy tonight but we can do it another time?" I requested her, just to get a question in response.

"What are you going to do?"

That curious tone in her voice told me she wouldn't stop asking until she got an answer- and that's something I definitely should avoid right now.

"Watch TV, bye now!"

"Hey, wai-"

***

I threw my phone back on the couch and went back to the bathroom where I'd get ready.

It was the first time in years since I went to such a place with someone, so I for sure had some nerves.