Chapter 2: Kim and Jason and...Elaine?

I press play on the YouTube video I find and sit through the opening song with grit teeth, embarrassment at watching a movie for babies and something like bittersweet nostalgia suddenly enveloping me. What the heck am I even doing?! I think to myself, watching the colorful scene of the Care Bears playing in their cloud city. It reminds me of watching this exact scene while getting ready to go to school in the first grade, seven years and two different cities ago. We've had to move around a lot, and it's been tough to make friends let alone keep them. I swallow the growing lump in my throat as the song ends and the scene transitions to a less colorful scene on Earth, when the two children are introduced. I can't help but think they kind of remind me of me, particularly Kim, with her shoulders slumped. I mean, at least I have parents (ok, that came out a little mean), but sometimes school gets me down, y'know?

So a couple of Care Bears show up and try to get them to accept their lord and savior friendship into their hearts, yadda yadda. The girl one is annoying, but at least the other one is quiet so he's alright. 

What the...why do I feel like I'm covered in static electricity all of a sudden?

A blinding white light is starting to envelop me...oh crap, what is going on?!

I let out a yelp as I'm surrounded by light and my body starts to feel like it's sizzling before blacking out.