Brewing Codes

A new day has arrived for everyone. To start something new and refreshing but for me, a programmer, who has been stuck with the same program. Doesn't really have a new fresh start for the day.

The codes just won't work. No matter what I do.

It's not like I didn't do the obvious thing, ask people around or ask my boss if I could do another project than this. Whenever I ask, they would just say that I am the best at it, and I should submit by the end of July.

And guess what?

It is the end of freaking July!

If I don't submit this, I am going to end up being in the gutter or worse stay with my elder sister till I find a new job. Which is going to be a nightmare.

I praised my misery as someone slapped my back. "Aah!", I startle - screamed. I turned back to find who it was.

Julie. My best friend at work. We work in the same department.

"Dude, I just found out this new café opened right next to our office. It's got good reviews. Wanna check it out?", she asked. I really do. But the codes are not done yet. I looked at the screen where the error was clearly underlined in red on my PyCharm. And replied, "Sure let's go."

We walked down the office and went to a café that was brand new. The exterior looked good. As we were about to get in, Julie got a call.

"It's the boss. I think no coffee for me. You go ahead and come back."

"Would you like me to buy you one?"

"Nah it's fine."

I went inside the café. It was beautiful. There was no rush. It only consisted of 5 people inside, excluding the workers.

I decided to place my orders. So, what should I order? On a day, like this, I feel so tired after staring at a code where there was an error. I was craving a mocha latte.

I went to the barista. He was tall but young, with grey eyes and brown hair. "Good morning, welcome to our café. What would you like to order?" I didn't know I was spacing out only until he spoke. That was embarrassing.

"Uhh... G-Good morning. I would like to have a mocha latte." I stammered. He smiled. "Will it be a takeout?" "Yes," I answered very fast.

I left and decided to wait somewhere, due to the heavy embarrassment. I watched as customers come in and place their orders. This time a female barista took the customer's order. The customer placed her order and the barista asked for her name.

And that's when it dawned on me that the guy didn't ask my name. I got up quickly and went to the barista. He was standing there with my order, about to call me. I thanked him, took my order, and left.

The smell of mocha was amazing. It was the combined smell of chocolate and coffee. It was nice and warm. I decided to hold the cup a bit tighter and that's when I saw my name 'Avery' written in very stylish cursive writing.

How did he know my name? Was this barista someone I used to know or something? But I can't seem to remember any guy with grey eyes and brown hair at all. Or maybe he is some sort of a pervert stalker?

I decided to rush into the office.

The coffee was really good. It did soothe my nerves and gave me a newfound of energy that I never really got. On the occasion of this newfound energy, I decided to jump onto my seat and find out the error.

I checked line by line. Loop by loop. Syntax by syntax.

And finally, I found out the damn error. It was an indentation error. I forgot to leave spaces before I started running the other function. God, my boss would've fired me for that.