𝟏| 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚!

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I groaned as I heard the annoying sound of my alarm piercing through my peaceful slumber. With a tired sigh, I reached over and slammed my hand down on the snooze button.

But to my utter frustration, the alarm didn't stop. I let out a frustrated scream and flung my hand towards it, accidentally knocking the clock off my nightstand.

It crashed to the ground, shattering into pieces.

It was at that moment that I completely lost it.

My sleep-deprived brain couldn't handle any more noise. I stood up from my bed and grabbed the clock. I marched towards the nearest wall and with all my might, I smashed it against the hard surface, silencing it for good.

As I stood there, panting and trying to calm myself down, there was a sudden knock on my door. I froze, wondering who could be knocking at this ungodly hour.

I carefully placed the now-broken alarm clock on my desk and made my way to the door.

"Morning to you, what was that noise?" Tyson asks, curious and concerned.

Groggily, I blink my eyes open," Oh, uh, just an alarm," I mumble, devoid of energy to engage in conversation.

"That was your fourth one, Anthea. I won't be buying another," Tyson admonishes, walking over to inspect the shattered remains of the alarm.

"Okay," I murmur weakly, though I think it's barely audible. As he busies himself with the broken alarm, I hear approaching footsteps outside my door.

"What's all the fuss?" The voice startles me, and I turn to see Aiden.

"Somebody's trying to sleep here," he grumbles.

"Can't apologize when I know you're always the early bird," I quip back.

"No denying that. Get up, you'll be late," Aiden says, pulling me out of my confusion.

"Late for what?" I ask, puzzled.

He chuckles, "School. Already forgot?" and leaves me grumbling to myself.

They leave me to clean up the mess I had made. As I picked up the broken pieces of my alarm clock, I might forgot that I have to get ready, so I figure I better get moving if I want an education. I sort out my wild hair and head downstairs, finding Tyson munching on breakfast in the kitchen.

"Want some cereal?" Aiden asks, pouring milk.

I shake my head. Mornings and eating don't mix for me. Gathering my stuff, I say my goodbyes and plug in my headphones, blasting my favorite music.

I was in my own little world, completely unaware of my surroundings. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping, making it the perfect day to start off the school week.

Totally a sarcasm.

But little did I know, that perfect day was about to take a turn for the worst.

As I was approaching the school gates, lost in my music, I suddenly felt a hard bump on my shoulder. I stumbled a bit and took off my headphones, annoyed at the interruption. But as I turned around, I saw a girl, probably a few years younger than me, who had also stumbled.

"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, looking flustered.

I couldn't help but laugh at her apology. "It's okay, no harm done. I should've been more careful."

But as I took a step back, I noticed that her drink had spilled all over my white shirt, staining it with a dark brown color. My heart sank as I looked down at the mess, knowing that I didn't have a spare shirt in my bag.