𝟬𝟭 - 𝘾𝙍𝙐𝙀𝙇𝙏𝙔

⚠️ TW: N/A ⚠️

⚠️ TW: N/A ⚠️

   Tanjiro resumed walking back up the mountain. He appreciated Saburo allowing him to stay at his house for the night, and now he was heading back home after selling all of the charcoal.

   When he was close to the house, the smell of blood slithered into his nose, alarming him as he began walking faster. The house came into view and tears bubbled up in his eyes at the sight before him.

   Right outside of the door were Nezuko, (Y/N), and Rokuta laying on bloody snow. He threw off the basket and ran to them, trembling as he asked what happened. Then it hit him. If these three were here and not at a hospital then..

   Turning his head slowly, the rest of his family's bloody bodies lay spread across the house. Blood stained the walls and floor. There was a trail of blood leading from a spot on the floor to where (Y/N) was now halfway on top of Nezuko as if to protect her.

   He ran to check if they were still alive. Only Nezuko and (Y/N) were still warm. He put Nezuko on his back and began dragging (Y/N) by his hand. He was going to get them to a doctor, they just had to hang on for a little while. As he was walking he heard a growling, and then he slipped, sending the three of them falling off of the edge.

   (Y/N) fell on top of him as he laid there stunned. After making sure (Y/N) hadn't been injured by the fall he quickly turned to see Nezuko standing a few feet away from them looking at the ground.

   "Nezuko, are you all right? You don't have to walk! I'll carry you to town, okay?" He said as he approached his younger sister. His heart nearly stopped when she lifted her head, veins popping out from her face as she bared her now sharp teeth at him. She lunged, and he grabs his hatchet, putting the handle in her mouth to hold her back.

   'She's a.. a demon! But no, that can't be possible! Nezuko has been a human since she was born! And Nezuko didn't kill everyone, she was lying on Rokuta as if to protect him! There was another scent, one I've never smelled before! That must be who killed my family!' Tanjiro thought as Nezuko pressed down on him. She then began growing, becoming stronger by the second.

   "You gotta stay strong Nezuko! Don't become a demon! Hang in there! Hang in there!" He cried. He gasped when he felt a teardrop fall on him. Nezuko was.. crying? Suddenly, a mysterious figure raises it's sword to attack. Tanjiro pushed Nezuko out of the way, sacrificing some of his hair. The siblings were blown into a tree.

   "Why are you protecting it?" The man asked.

Timeskip loading..

Timeskip loaded!Time: Right after Giyuu put the muzzle on Nezuko

Timeskip loaded!
Time: Right after Giyuu put the muzzle on Nezuko.

   Looking at the two teenagers in front of him, Tomioka noticed another lying in the snow covered in blood, like the demon girl. Tomioka approached them with his hand on the hilt of his blade. He could tell this was also a demon. Most likely the boy's brother. Sighing, he prayed this one would be the same as the girl. He tied a bamboo muzzle on him before dragging him next to his siblings.

   Tanjiro opened his eyes, being met with the sight of Nezuko laying there with a peaceful look on her face. He immediately grabbed her and held her close. He noticed that (Y/N) was lying near them as well.

   "You awake?" He heard a voice say, and Tanjiro turned his attention to the black-haired male from earlier. "Go see an old man named Sakonji Urokodaki. Tell him Giyuu Tomioka sent you. She seems to be alright since it's cloudy now, but never let her be exposed to the sunlight, okay? Same goes for who I presume is your brother. He, too, is a demon."

   Suddenly, Tomioka's eyes widened. "The boy.. where did he go?" He muttered, making Tanjiro look and see that (Y/N) was nowhere to be found. His scent was gone, as if he hadn't been there in the first place.

   Meanwhile, (Y/N) slowly opened his eyes as he awoke to unfamiliar voices.

"..Hey! He's waking up!"

"Do you have to be so loud about it? Jeez."

"Well it's not every day a guy in a kimono and a bamboo stick falls from the sky!"

<><><><>

Written Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022
757 words

Extra note: tbh i like this chapter better than the prologue- n e ways i'll do chapter 2 tomorrow probably i'm tired asf 😔 also y/n uses he/it cuz he a baddie and he don't give af abt what other mfs from the village say #slay