Chapter Fourteen: The Kiss

I had stopped eating as much. Maybe it was my new medication, maybe it was everything with Andreas, I don't know. All I know is that I've had a very little appetite since then. The November winds made everything cold, so on the day of the first Quidditch match, I put on my scarf, gloves, and a toboggan before going to the Great Hall.

I sat down at the Gryffindor table with Hermoine and Ginny. Harry and Ron had already been sitting down. Ron looked very sickly.

"How're you feeling?" Ginny asked Ron.

"He's just nervous," said Harry.

"Well, that's a good sign, I never feel you perform as well in exams if you're not a bit nervous," said Hermione heartily.

"Hello," said a vague and dreamy voice.

I perked up and saw Luna Lovegood, who was wearing on her head a large fake lion head as a hat.

"I'm supporting Gryffindor," said Luna, pointing unnecessarily at her hat. "Look what it does... "

She reached up and tapped the hat with her wand. It opened its mouth wide and gave an extremely realistic roar that made everyone jump.

"It's good, isn't it?" said Luna happily. "I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn't time. Anyway . . . good luck, Ronald!"

Luna walked away just as I saw my owl swoop down to give me a letter.

"Hello, April," I said happily, grabbing the letter from her feet. I opened it and began to read.

Dear Alyssa,

I am sorry for the late notice, but I need you to meet me for breakfast in my office. There is a matter that I need to talk about with you.

Love,

Uncle Severus

"That's strange," I said. "I wonder what he needs to talk with me about."

"Who?" Hermoine asked.

"Uncle Sev," I replied. I grabbed my bag and got up from the table. "I'll meet you both at the field?" I asked Hermoine and Ginny.

"Alright," Ginny said. "Good luck."

I smiled and headed towards Snape's office. Once I got there, I knocked on the door.

"Come in," he said.

I opened the door and entered his office. He was sitting at one end of the table and had the other set up for me. Waiting for me was a plate of waffles and a glass of orange juice, as well as strawberries and whipped cream in the center of the table.

"Wow, a feast," I said while I chuckled uncomfortably.

"What are you waiting for?" asked Uncle Sev. "As Muggles say, 'dig in'."

I sat down at the table. "I'm alright," I said. "Big dinner last night."

"Really," Uncle Sev said. "From what I've heard, you've barely eaten anything for a while."

I looked down. "Who told you that?" I asked quietly.

"Harry," he said gently. "He came to me after class and told me he knows how much you look up to me and that the conversation would be better taken if it came from me."

Tears started to well up in my eyes. "Are you mad at me?" I asked while wiping my eyes.

"I'm not mad, dear," Uncle Severus said gently while coming up behind my chair to hug me. "I just want to know what's going on."