Chapter Seventeen: A Merry Little Christmas

I woke up the next day a little late since it was the start of the break. Once I awoke, I felt someone's arm around me. I looked over in shock and saw that it was Hermoine.

I jumped up to my feet and she stirred and sat up.

"Oh, Alyssa, I must have fallen asleep last night," she said.

"No big deal," I answered quickly, reaching into my trunk for my clothes and supplies to get ready.

Today for the train ride home, I wore a green mock turtleneck and a pair of jeans with Converse. I went into the bathroom to put them on, brushed my teeth, and took my meds. Once Hermione and I were done getting ready, we went downstairs to the Great Hall for breakfast.

While I was eating, Hermoine read her book. I looked over her shoulder and asked, "What are you reading?"

"An interesting book about jinxes," she answered.

"Trying to learn a bit more about defense?" I asked.

"Yes, with that old hag teaching us I might as well try to learn as much as possible."

"All students going on the Hogwarts Express home should report there as soon as possible." Professor McGonagall announced.

Hermoine and I got up from the table and started to walk there. Both of us had a small bag to take home, and as we walked, I noticed Ron and Harry were nowhere to be found.

"Where are Harry and Ron?" I asked.'

Hermoine frowned. "I don't know," she answered. "I haven't seen them anywhere."

"Professor McGonagall?" I yelled.

She looked over and walked over to us. "What is it, girls?"

"Have you seen Ron or Harry?" I asked.

"We haven't seen them all day," Hermoine added.

"Oh girls, I didn't even think to tell you," McGonagall said. "Mr. Weasley was found at the Ministry of Magic injured. Harry and Ron went home early."

"I do hope they're all right," Hermoine said with a frown.

"Everything seems to be getting more and more complicated by the day," I said.

"Well, there are things we can do to cope with that," Hermoine said with a smile. She held out her hand for me to take and we walked to the train station together.

Once we boarded the train, we walked through the aisles and found a train car for us. We put our bags above the seats and got settled in. I had brought a blanket, so I got it out and Hermoine and I shared. I grabbed my book out of my bag and Hermoine grabbed hers. We started to read and got swept into our own worlds.

----------------------------------------------------------

Once I opened my eyes, I realized that once again, I was resting on Hermoine's chest, and the train had stopped moving.

"Hermoine," I said, shaking her shoulders.

"Oh, Alyssa," she said, stretching and sitting up.

"We seem to have a habit of this, don't we?" I asked with a small chuckle.

"Apparently so," she giggled.

I stood up and grabbed my things from above. "I suppose we're at the station?"

Hermoine looked out the window. "Yes, we are."

"I guess time flies," I said.

"Yes, it does," said Hermoine.