Chapter 2 - The Healing Process

Over the next few weeks, Shio visited and tended to her flowers every day and cried here and there, but she was gradually coming to terms with everything that had happened. Her wounds began to heal more and more, and her deepest wounds were gone after a few healing sessions with Wendy.

Shio was so impressed with the young girl's abilities and asked her a few questions with a voice a little louder than a whisper. Wendy told her about Grandine and rambled on for their time together, hoping that Shio would feel more comfortable with someone talking to her so she wasn't alone.

"There you go. That should be nearly everything. The traces of dark magic have been erased, and your own magical power has been restored, so you should be fine to be up most of the day, but just take it easy for the next few weeks." Wendy said with such a sweet voice that made Shio almost smile.

"Thank you so much, Wendy. You must be extremely powerful." Shio nodded slowly as a sign of respect and amazement while she got up off the bed and stretched out, feeling much better.

"No, not really. I just back everyone up. There are many others here that are way stronger than me." The young girl responded shyly, but she was grateful for the compliment and blushed lightly over it.

Shio followed Wendy to the main hall, where Natsu and Gray were fighting, and Gray went tumbling in mid-air so close to Shio's face that she could feel the air blowing past her and watched him land up against the bar, upside down and half-naked.

Everyone watched in awe and happiness as Shio actually snorted from suppressed laughter quietly before chuckling quietly at the ice mage. The main hall erupted like a volcano with happy cheers and laughter, and everyone crowded around Shio and wished her their best, telling her how glad they were to see that she was improving. Shio was overwhelmed by how kind and generous everyone had been, letting her stay with them for so long and not asking for anything in return.

After a few minutes, some guild members approached her and the Master, who had been incredibly kind to her, and Mirajane said they would pay for a room for her in the Fairy Hills apartment block until she got set up and decided what she wanted to do.

The girl started crying, and everyone went quiet until she lifted her head up. The huge grin on her face was the most fantastic thing they had seen from her since her tears were out of happiness. She thanked everyone for being so wonderful through her tears and sobs, and Mirajane hugged her tightly while some other guild members smiled, and some cried out of happiness as well.

The rest of the day and night was spent celebrating in true Fairy Tail style. There was plenty of food, drink, fights, jokes, laughs and even an impromptu live show from a few of the musically talented members of the guild, and Lucy summoned her spirit Lyra, who sang some beautiful music.

Everyone was shocked when Lyra began singing a song that even Shio knew, and with a shy voice, she first began to join everyone in singing. Gradually, she got louder and more confident, and everyone noticed almost immediately how beautiful her voice was and stopped singing one by one. Eventually, it was just Lyra and Shio singing. When the song ended, Shio realised and went silent, drawing back into herself before an unfamiliar face came out of nowhere and put his arm around her shoulder, then complimented her on her singing.

"Loke, what are you doing here?!" Gray shouted and tugged him off Shio before punching him in the stomach in a typical Fairy Tail male greeting.

"I could hear you guys partying all the way from the celestial realm. I was wondering who the new lovely lady was." Loke chuckled knowingly as Gray put himself between him and Shio.