Chapter 2

"Mulberry is a total moron," Tiffany thought as she rummaged through the documents he had hurriedly thrown onto her desk. Tiffany Sheraton was a nihilist, typically viewing a glass not as half-empty, but nonexistent; just like every other thing in her life, especially her love life. Despite this, Tiffany Sheraton was an avid Christian, showing that she was an expert at cognitive dissonance.

Dissonance is most likely the best word to describe Tiffany's life. Although growing up in a household of lifelong Catholics, Tiffany never went to church, nor did she invite the idea that there was an all-loving god. After all, Tiffany was an undiagnosed depressive, and could not believe in any all-knowing loving god that would make her feel this way. As she came of age, however, Tiffany came to the sudden realization that the world she knew was worse than the one she was told of in the bible. In turn, Tiffany uses the bible to disassociate from her real life, a stress-filled depressive mess.

Tiffany constantly struggles with finding the motivation to strive forward and had chosen the career path that requires the least effort; becoming a secretary at the local Municipal regulation office. Tiffany Sheraton, therefore, was extremely irritated when John Mulberry was hired.

John Mulberry was her mortal enemy, her exact opposite. She could feel the stress building as he walked through the door on his first day, smiling. Like a psychopath. He represented everything she wanted to have: motivation. Tiffany Sheraton could not stand the fact that he could get to work on time, even when he wouldn't be blamed for showing up late.

John was childishly passionate about many topics but the one that irritated her the most was his passion for his job. She was convinced that he would martyr himself at any opportunity he had, and the documents he just put on her desk were not helping that assumption.

The papers strewn on her desk were a forum to make the old crumbling house (he was supposed to demolish) a protected monument. "This absolutely idiotic work of a human being really has to make my job harder doesn't he?" Tiffany thought, "Why, of all things, have you chosen to focus any time on something that doesn't even mean anything to you?"

Tiffany sighed as she collected the papers and prepared to throw them away when she noticed a note on one of the pages. It read, "Hey Tif," she paused. What kind of asshole gives someone a nickname when they barely know each other? She continued irritated, "sorry to bother, but could you please send these forums to the Municipal building? I want to look at the House before it's ruined. -John" She decided to put the documents through the shredder instead. "What a piece of work."