Check-mate

When I got out of the bathroom, after my shower, Kurt was the only one in the room, playing with Frances.

"Where is everyone?" I asked still rubbing my hair with a towel so it wouldn't be dripping.
"They went to their rooms. They were getting sleepy and I told them they could go that I would stay with you." Kurt said shyly. "Unless you want me to go."
"No. Stay. I could use some company. Besides I love babies." I smiled walking towards them. "Hey little Bean! Shouldn't you be sleeping by now?" I said in a tender voice to Frances. She giggled and tried to reach me. "Can I?" I asked Kurt.
"Yeah... I'm just a bit surprised because she is very friendly but usually she doesn't want people to pick her up if she doesn't know them."
"I'm quite a baby charmer." I said picking her up. I started rocking her in my arms. "Alas my love you do me wrong, To cast me off discourteously, And I have loved you oh so long, Delighting in your company." I started singing as I was rocking Frances.
"Greensleeves was my delight, Greensleeves my heart of gold, Greensleeves was my heart of joy, And who but my Lady Greensleeves" Kurt joined me singing and Frances was as asleep in no time. I put her in her stroller and I tuck her in with a blanket.
"You know Greensleeves?" I asked Kurt.
"That's what I sing to her as a lullaby when Courtney is not around. She thinks it's too cheesy." Kurt said searching for his pack of cigarettes, which I felt was him trying to avoid eye contact with me while telling me this.
"Well, I think it's beautiful. My dad used to sing it to me too." I said realizing I was revealing more than I wanted to. "Frances seem to like it."
"She does, doesn't she?" Kurt said smiling, lighting up his cigarette. "Want one?"
"Never say no to a cig." I said sitting on the bed. He was sitting on the chair from the balcony. He really was handsome and I usually wasn't into blonde, blue-eyed guys. But what was I doing? He was married to a crazy bitch that could possibly read my thoughts! There was a rumor she was a witch. Always better safe than sorry. Kurt interrupted my chain of thought.
"So, y/n, you have a detailed plan to steal me, huh?" He said teasing. He was a character, for sure.
"Oh yeah, you bet! Every little detail is already thought out. I hire the hitman, he scares Courtney telling her if she doesn't leave you he will kill her with a shot in her pussy and then I seduce you. That's the plan." I said faking a serious face and Kurt was deep in his thoughts.
"I've been thinking about divorcing her." Kurt shoots while looking out the balcony. My eyes widened as I thought to myself 'Fuck! What am I supposed to say to this?' Before I could say a thing Kurt continues. "But I don't want Frances to grow up in a broken home like I did. I've been holding this marriage for her." He said turning his face to her, watching her sleep soundly.
"It doesn't mean it will be a broken home. You can find someone again... Besides, don't you think it would be better for little Bean to have her dad happy and in love?" I said fearfully because I didn't know what I could actually say without hurting him or worse. I didn't know him after all. Kurt was silent for a moment. He suddenly looked at me. "I'm so sorry for what happened today. I feel so embarrassed."
"Hey! It wasn't your fault!" I said louder than I wanted to. I look at Frances, worried that she could wake up, but she didn't even move. "She was the one who did it, not you."
"Yeah..." He said with a sad look in his face. "Y/n? What if everything people say about her is actually true? I've been fighting this for a long time, but what if?" This question felt like a trap. Should I just be honest or not? Fuck it! "Don't get me wrong, Kurt, but I think you tried to convince yourself none of those things were true but deep down you know they are. I don't want to be out of my place here, but honesty is my main trait so I think if you don't love her anymore, if you're not happy in this relationship, you should get your divorce. Frances will always be the happiest if you are happy. Kids feel us like no one can. Besides, if you keep a relationship that isn't good for you, it might end up killing you." I said honestly, looking into his eyes. I showed compassion and confidence, but inside I had only fear. He took a deep breath and tears started streaming down his face.
"Thank you... People usually are not that honest with me you know?" He let's out a sarcastic laugh. "Where were you all these years, Y/n? Cus' I sure could've used a friend like you." This takes me by surprise.
"You can still use me if you want to." I said. He looks at me with a smirk and as I just understand what I just said he speaks before I can defend myself. "So you want to steal me after all, huh?" I throw a pillow at him. "It's getting late, we should rest. Do you wanna sleep here tonight? I can build a pillow fortress between the two beds." I said yawning.
"Always wanted to sleep besides a men stealer." He said giggling.
"Oh honey, you've been sleeping with one for years now." As soon as I say this regret fills me. I looked at Kurt scared. He giggled shaking his had and I relax a bit. "Check-mate." He says getting into the bed. "Sleep tight."