Chapter 5

(curse warning)

Sanemi's POV
Today ghost city was doing amazing as normal. It was bustling and bright. Many ghosts from all over travel far and wide just to get here. Especially when we have festivals. We celebrate the day I got strong enough and became a calamity, a strong ghost king, a leader. Then I heard the news, that the one God who fell had risen again.
That man had ascended for the second time! I must meet him. I only ever hear about him in my scrolls. It is so interesting though, I bet he is probably the best God. I am the best calamity, so I think we'd make a perfect match. First I must meet him and congratulate him.
After the big dinner I host for the festival, I left. I think it's about damn time I meet the god who distanced himself. Who descended, only to ascend eight hundred years later. I had my acquaintance, who is also a calamity see if he was in heaven or if he came down to earth. My acquaintance is posing as a god because he is a fucking simp. Anyways, I found out that he had come down to earth so I went about my way to find him. Since I have intell.
I headed to the small town where he is located at and looked around. I transformed into my full ghost form so no mortal could see me. This way if someone sees me it's either him or a ghost. And the ghost would probably look well, dead. I walked around for a bit and then stopped inside a tea shop. I looked around and spotted that one ghost. The cute ghost that I met when I first became a ghost. Way before I got so strong and known.

"Wow surprised to see you here. How have you been?"

"Oh- you..."

I don't think he recognized me right away but then I saw his eyes light up and he hugged me. I was shocked. Nobody has hugged me in like forever. I wanted to push him away and curse. At the same time though, I wanted to hug back. I ended up just standing there when he hugged me. Then he back off, he seemed very quiet and awkward.
I guess that hug was like a heat of the moment kind of thing. He didn't say much about it. Things were quite awkward till I brought up how I've been. Such as being a calamity and owning ghost city.

"Sanemi Shinazugawa?"

I nodded. Of course he knew my name. Who didn't?