Chapter 2: Meet the parents

"Babe what are you nervous for," pebbles kept trying to stop me from freaking out. But it wasn't working.

"What if they don't like me."

"Mya calm down. You've meet my parents already, and if the don't like you it doesn't natter because there not the one with you." She leaned over and kissed me.

"Ok I'm ready. It's now or never." The last part I mumbled under my breath.

"About time I gotta go to the bathroom," Chantel said jumping out the car.

"Chantel why didn't you tell me you had to go to the bathroom we would of been out of the car five minutes ago." We've been sitting in the drive way going back and forth for the last 10 minutes.

"Mommy because you look like you we're freaking out so I didn't say any thing." We were all out of the car by now and walking toward the house. I just noticed how big and beautiful the house was. It kind of reminded me of a castle. This was the most beautiful house I've ever seen.

"Pebbles this house is amazi-" I was instantly cut off by Chantel.

"Mommy come on I really have to pee." Chantel grabbed on to my hand and pulled me toward the door.

"Ok, ok Chantel slow down before you make yourself and me fall." She basically had me running to the door. Pebbles knocked on the door and a man around his mid-twentie opened the door.

"Damn pebbles how's it been I haven't seen you in a minute. I thought I seen a ghost. How have you been," the guy asked as he let us into the house.

Before Pebbles could answer Chantel started to pull on her hand. "Oh sorry Chantel I forgot . Mya the bathroom is the second door on the right."

"Ok thanks." I walked Chantel down to the bathroom then walked back to where Pebbles was.

"And who is this lovely young lady?"

"Oh my bad Mya this is my favorite cousin Maro, Maro this my girlfriend Mya, and little one over there is her daughter Chantel." I turned around and Chantel was walking down the hall way towards up.

"Hey it's nice to meet you," I said to him with a wave. Chantel also waved at him.

"Where is everyone else at?"

"They're all in the back. Everyone else is here except your brother."

"Thanks for stating the obvious. But come on let's go to the back." Pebbles picked Chantel up in her left arm and grabbed my hand in her right.

There's no point in me being nervous because I've met her parents multiple times through out the years. But when I met thin it was always as Gary's niece. But they always loved me. It might be a little different now. I tightened my grip on Pebbles hand. She stopped walking and turned to face me.

""Babe calm down every thing will be ok. Just think of it as one of the times you were here with Gary."

"Bae it's not the sa-" I was cut off by Pebbles kissing me.

"Mya jus calm down and relax."

"Ok." She leaned down and kissed me and we started to walk again. Pebbles turned to Chantel who was in her arms and started to talk to her.

"Chan you want to go play on the playground with the other lil kids." She started to bounce in her arms nodding her head. We took her to the playground and she asked Maro to keep an eye on her till she got back. She started to walk us back into the house.

"Pebbles where are we goin?" I question her.

"To see my moms," she said it as if it was no big deal. I started to freak out in my head a little. Then I remember what she said to me in the car. She told me it didn't matter if they like me or not because there not the ones with me she is. The thought of it put a smile on my face. Before I knew it we had reached the kitchen where his mom was. I walked over to the island and sat down.

"Hey momma," Pebbles said as she walked around and hugged her mom.

"Hey sweetheart how have you been."

"I've been good mom." Her mom looked over and seen me sitting down. She walked over to me.

"And how have you been Mya."

"I've been good how about you?" I ask as she hugs me.

"Good how's Chantel?"

"She's good she's out in the back." I don't notice till now that Pebbles ran off some where.

"So you and my baby girl finally made it official," Maria (Pebbles moms name) asked me with a knowing look. I smiled and nodded indicating a yes. "Yes I knew it," she said jumping around. I started to laugh.

"How did you know?" I asked curiously.

"You could tell by the way you look at each other that you like one another. I knew it was bound to happen, I jus didn't think it would happen so soon."

I started to think about all the times that I met her how she would leave hints about Pebbles and I. I just started to smile. She always wanted us to get together. Why the hell was I nervous. "So you don't mind with the age difference and all."

"Not really you turn 18 next month righr?" I nodded my head. "Then not at all. Honestly I couldn't if I wanted to."

"Why not?" I ask while sitting at the island.

Because I started dating Pebbles father when I was 16 and he was 25," she told me honestly.

Now that that was over I could in joy the rest of my night I started to help Maria cook. Once we were done we want outside and in joyed our night.