The New Dawn

Jaune P.O.V

I used to say that sometimes friends are just waiting to be met... but I learned one thing over time.......roses have thorns and trust me.....those thorns are sharp....and Will. Draw. Blood. They proved it when they did what they did. How they lied, said they'd be by my side then weren't.

My name is Jaune Arc. Son of Constantine and Myra Arc. Fourth oldest of eight children......and the only boy. Yet I saw in their eyes they never saw me as family....only my two older sisters Saphron and Kita ever cared. Same for my Aunt Glynda, who kept her Maiden Name of Goodwitch. So one day, I decided to prove my family wrong. I took Crocea Mors from the Vault and went to Vale in the dead of night and got my hands on some forged transcripts, and next thing I know, I'm off to Beacon.

But once I got there's I saw the Academy for what it was. A place where people with money and fame flaunt their egos and money around, and no one does anything to stop them. That's how my transcripts were discovered....and one by one I watched as the people I called friends turned their backs on me. Watched as they showed their true colors to me and everyone. People who I once thought I could trust showed me they were nothing more than lime light lovers. Once they had their pedestals, they pushed others away. One by one, they and the school turned their backs on me.

That is what led to my current state, sitting in one of the abandoned classrooms where I was wrapping up my arm with gauze from the beating I received from the students. Namely Yang and Nora and Weiss. I already had my chest and ribs wrapped after I took a hit from Nora's Hammer and a few dust strikes from Weiss. My arm is being wrapped as I used it to block an attack from Yang out of the blue.

"And there. Done," I said as I tightened the wrapping on my arms and then opened one of the books from the Library and began to continue reading it. Despite how much the staff, minus my Aunt Glynda, refused to help, I still pushed on. So when I was alone, I began to read more and study the Grimm Anatomy and Remnants History. Currently, I was making notes on the King Taiju, namely of its weak spots and weaknesses and mannerisms.

"Will Jaune Arc report to the Headmasters Office. Again, will Jaune Arc report to the Headmasters Office." The intercom went off. I then packed up my books and grabbed my bag.

I opened the classroom door and walked down the empty corridor as everyone was at lunch. I then arrived at the elevator, which would lead me to the Headmasters office. I hit the button, and it opened up, and I pressed the top button and began my ascent to the office. While I was ascending, I was going over the notes I made.

"So a King Taiju and a Giant Nevermore are both weak against Ice dust, but a Nevermore is weaker to Lightning Dust than a Taiju, but the Taiju is weaker to Fire Dust than a Nevermore is. Interesting. Both also rely on not their sight but their hearing. But the Nevermore can't function without it like the Taiju can. Good to know." I said as I was going through my notes and marking the information in another notebook that had some drawings of the different Grimms and circled and highlighted areas where I made notes about them.

Just then, the door opened, and I walked out as I was putting away my notebooks.

"Gonna have to read more on the Nevermore and Taiju." I said to myself as I finished putting my notebooks away and looked up......to see Teams RWBY, JNPR, and The Arcs there along with Saphron.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Mr. Arc, I have looked over your transcripts and felt that I just involve your family in this dilemma." Headmaster Ozpin said.

I sighed. Here we go again.

I looked over at my family.....if I can really call them that.

"Jaune, is what Ozpin told us true? You used forged and illicit documents to come to this prestigious Academy?" Father asked me.