The Hellish Leap

Theorizing that one could travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project...known as Quantum Leap! Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Dr. Beckett prematurely stepped into the project accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on his journey is Al...an observer from his own time who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. Trapped in the past, Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put things right that once went wrong, and hoping with each time that his next leap...will be the leap home!

Quantum Physicist, Sam Beckett was no stranger to feeling off balance. He never knew what the person he leaped into would be doing as he came in each time. This leap, however, would be very different than he would ever imagined, as he saw a few lumberjacks getting massacred swiftly as though it were just the wind! Sam was shocked, as he saw this and felt a little uneasy and queasy...but, that was normal when he usually Quantum Leaped. 

As Sam watched the scene unfold, he saw what appeared to be a female devil-like gremlin, using a larger than life axe, slashing said lumberjack. Another one was by her side, looking like a tall gremlin, with a harlequin-like aesthetic.

A thousand thoughts ran through his mind as usual. It was the typical post-Leap rush. Who? Where? What? When? Lastly would come the Why?, but that was Ziggy's department. He was so lost in his own thoughts that Sam didn't notice the looks of excitement on the two creatures' faces.

"Whoo-wee!" The female one spoke! "That sure was a super great job, we pulled, Blitz!" 

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Mills!" The other one said, as he gave the thumbs up! "He turned to Sam. "Let's go!" He said, motioning to him.

"Come on, Moxxie!" The female gremlin said happily. Sam noticed she talked with a thick western accent.

Maybe I'm a cowboy, he thought. Either way, he was about to find out sooner or later, as he looked at the the two gremlin creatures. "Uh, yeah! I'll catch up!" He called out, as they started to head back. 

"Hope you don't take too long, Moxx!" The tall one said. "Loona's about to open the portal!" Sam nodded, and smiled as he watched them go. As soon as they were out of his sight, he looked around nervously. He needed a mirror, and he needed one now to find out what his reflection was! He started passing round the woods to find a mirror. 

Suddenly, he saw his hands, and noticed that they were...long like toenails. Sam felt like something wasn't about to turn out well, but he still kept searching for a mirror! Suddenly, he saw a smashed up mirror on a nearby tree, and went there. Sam was shocked at what he saw! He had a well-dressed tuxedo outfit on him, which was good...but what really threw him in for a shock was that his legs were like the hind legs of a horse! In his reflection, Sam saw a cartoonish-looking face with freckles on either side, and his hair was striped black and silver, and shaped like devil horns! His face was colored red, and his eyes were yellow...and he was looking like a gremlin-like creature! More to the point, he was an imp! But not just any imp! 

He gulped in horror as he saw his reflection. "Oh boy" was all he could say!

(And, cue the intro!)

Sam had never been in the body of a gremlin-like creature before, and this was a first for him! Especially, since he was in a cartoon character's body! He felt terror-stricken at his form, and sick to his stomach. But there was no time to feel that way, right now as a portal started to open.