Chapter 1

On a seemingly peaceful afternoon that had clear blue skies, Scooby and the gang were driving through Kanto on their way to Cerulean City with Scooby poking his head out the window, his canine instincts sorta taking over for the moment with how he's acting.

"It sure was nice of Daisy, Lily, and Violet to invite us to an early test showing up their next play." Velma comments

"We don't have to worry much about it." Daphne says. "Lily said in her letter that this was a bit of a thank you gift from Misty from that ghost alien case."

Scooby retracted his head back into the Mystery Machine.

"We really should thank them for inviting us." Fred comments. "Say, how did she know where to send the letter to get it to you?"

Daphne put the letter back in her bag.

"You see, back when we took a small break from mysteries right after Scooby evolved, I participated in a few Pokemon shows my family had funded and donated all ticket earnings to charity." Daphne explained. "And I made it to the finals against the three and before the final match begun, I sorta ended up bonding like cousins with them."

"Like, we didn't know you were into doing Pokemon contests." Shaggy comments

"It's more of a side hobby if anything, Shagg." Daphne responds

The gang would end up arriving to a Special Guests parking, and a guard stepped up to a gate window.

"Hey, we're here as an invitation of Lily, Daisy, and Violet." Fred comments

"Can I see your letter invitation?" The guard asks

Daphne reached into her bag and says, "One second."

"Its just that we've had to tighten up security after something happened." The guard says

"After what happened?" Daphne asks, holding out the letter and the guard scanned it

"Just this...oh nevermind." The guard comments, pushing a button to open the gate. "You go on and have a good time at the early show preview."

When the gate opened, everyone looked at each other as Fred pulled into a parking spot, and getting out, Scooby stretched.

"Is it just me or did that guard seemed really creepy?" Daphne asks

"I'm sure it wasn't intended." Fred comments. "Besides, it's not like there's some monster haunting the place suddenly."

However, on the contrary, as the gang entered the special guest entrance of the Cerulean City gym, a rather monstrous looking Golduck peeked around the corner of the Mystery Machine, growling a little.

When the gang got inside the gym, it seemed, oddly empty. No sign of any of Daisy, Lily, or even Violet.

"I knew that in the letter Lily said they'd likely still be preparing when we got here, but there's not even an auditory sign of them anywhere." Daphne comments

Scooby sniffed around for any possible trail but didn't seem to be able to pick one up.

"Well, I guess we'll have to split up and find them." Fred comments. "Scooby and Shaggy, you check towards the east end. Daph, Velma, and I will poke around here."

Shaggy leaned over to Scooby and whispers, "And while we're looking, we could try to dig up some grub."

Scooby snickered a little with Shaggy. Later, they would end up in the gym's guest cafeteria, which was fully stocked and perfectly lil.

"Man, oh man, Scoob, we hit the guest cafeteria jackpot!" Shaggy comments, rubbing his hands together. "The place is fully stocked and has everything we need to make some good sandwiches."

"Reah! RSandwiches!" Scooby comments, tail wagging a little

"Let's put together the biggest sandwich we can." Shaggy comments

The two would then get to work throwing a lot of stuff onto a sandwich making plate after putting bread on it. When done, the sandwiches were a bit wobbly, but they'd manage to put the top slices of bread onto them perfectly.

"Okay, Scoob, on your mark, get set, go!" Shaggy signals

The two immediately began chowing down on the sandwiches, crumbs and food residue going everywhere. When they were done, they both let out huge burps and despite being full, their bodies looekd barely different.

"That was some good sandwich work." Shaggy comments

"Reah." Scooby comments in agreement

What the two didn't notice was the Golduck monster slowly stepping in from a door hidden behind the vending machine.

"Hey, Scoob, see if you can go get us a drink or two." Shaggy comments

Scooby nodded and got up, walking over to get him and Shaggy some drinks, not noticing he walked past the Golduck monster. When stopping to think about it for a second, he looked back, but didn't see anything. So, he shrugged. Then, he went and opened the fridge of drinks, looking at the selection. When picking some out, he turned back and his nose was against the chest area of something large, blue, and quite feathery, slowly, he looked up and yelped.

"RIPE!!!" Scooby cried out

Scooby ended up stumbling back s right in front of him was the Golduck monster and it let out a deep unworldly growl. Wasting literally no time, he took off running and hid back under the table, shaking hard enough for Shaggy to feel it on his chair.

"Like, what's the matter, Scoob?" Shaggy asks. "And where's the drinks?"

"R-R-R-R-R-RGolduck monster!!" Scooby stuttered

"Golduck monster???? What on Earth would make you think a Golduck is a monster-" Shaggy starts before the monster put it's hand on Shaggy's shoulder. "Oh, that's what."

Shaggy's hair spiked up.

"ZOINKS!!!!!!" Shaggy screamed. "RUN FOR IT, SCOOB!!!!!"

The two didn't waste a single moment to take off running, and the Golduck monster didn't seem to give up as it began pursuing them.

"We gotta, like, lose that creepy water bird!" Shaggy comments as they continued running. "Duck into these boxes."

Scooby jumped into a box on the far left of a set of three, and Shaggy jumped into the one on the far right. The Golduck monster would reach the crates and look at them, confused. First, it would peek into the middle one and Scooby would poke his head out of the one he was in.

The Golduck monster would roar adn go to open Scooby's crate when spotting him, but when he did, Scooby wasn't there. Then, Shaggy poked his head out and when the monster tried to do the same to Shaggy as it tried to did to Scooby, Shaggy was also gone.

At this point, the Golduck monster was furious and completely smashed the middle crate, but somehow, Scooby and Shaggy still weren't in it. In fact, they had somehow un-benounced to the monster, swapped boxes and picked them up, feet poking out, and began blindly running down the hall.

"If we keep this up, Scoob, we'll lose that creep in no time." Shaggy comments

"Reah!" Scooby responds, snickering

What they didn't notice was the Golduck monster was basically right behind them. They would end up hitting a wall, flipping their boxes over and the Golduck monster would peer in, eyes gleaming red practically. The two then had one last effort of escape.

"One three, Scoob, we push!" Shaggy comments

"ROkay." Scooby responds

"One.......two........three!!!!" Shaggy signalled

The two gave the sides of their crates huge shoves which made them tip over and knock over the monster which gave them ample opportunity which they did not waste one second of to take off running. And by the time they were long gone, the Golduck monster finally ripped through the crates and let out a huge monstrous roar.