three

saturday 23rd may

[your name] 🫶
active 4 hours ago

01:23

hi, never thought i'd reply
back but my friends said
i was being too mean so here
i am

it's just middle school, ace
😭😭 it's ok LMAOO the
apology is a few years too
late tho

glad u see how much of a
douche u were but honestly
i was rlly cringe too so

thanks either way, would've
meant a lot to me a few yrs
back

ur a student at nrc right?
congrats on getting in, u
always bragged abt ur bro
being a student there

i wish u luck in ur future
studies!!!

-

03:21

"deuce. deuce..!" ace frantically shakes the body of his snoring roomate, deep in slumber. "oi, dumbass, wake up!"

deuce groans and thrashes his arms a little, hitting ace in the face causing him to stumble backwards with a whine, cupping his cheek in pain. "ow—! what the hell, dude?" he rubs the point of impact gently, hoping it wouldn't form an ugly bruise later on.

"why'd you wake me up at..." deuce looks to his bedside table, wiping sleep from the corners of his eyes before registering the time. "3am?! are you asking for a fight?" the last part would've sounded threatening, if not for the slur of his incoherent words, and the sluggish, slow way he pressed his pillow against his ears to muffle the calls of his so-called-friend. still, ace refuses to let him sleep, throwing deuce's pillow onto his own bed. deuce sits up now, furiously, eyes widened and fists clenched. "ace, what do you want?! you ruined my dream! and it was a damn good one, too!"

"oh? what were you dreaming about that got you so happy? was it—!" ace is cut off by deuce's abrupt motion to grab a fistful of his shirt, holding him off his feet a little. "h-hey now! calm down! nice deuce, good deuce!"

the noirette scoffs and lets go, only because he's too tired to start a brawl in the bedroom. "don't treat me like an animal! what the hell do you want?"

ace, still startled, brushes himself down a little embarrassedly, twiddling his thumbs. "she replied to my message."

it takes a while for deuce to register what he meant (blame his lethargy), before yelling. "huh?!"

"yeah. now move over, i'm getting in your bed."

"who said you can do that?" deuce begins to protest, but to no avail. although he complained, he doesn't seem to mind it much.

that said, it's a bit of a squeeze fitting two teenage boys on a single bed clearly made for one. "don't put the covers over you, it's too hot."

ace nods in both understanding and agreement—as spring ended and summer came closer, the weather gradually got warmer and hot spikes occurred more often, causing an accumulation of smelly kids. by popular demand and not headmaster crowley's own volition, the ac almost always on blast. the warmth was too much for the pair of them to sleep with long-sleeved or long-legged pyjamas, so both students were in vests and shorts. deuce tells ace that come summertime, it'd be best to sleep shirtless to avoid a sweaty room in the morning.

they would've been able to go home for the summer, if not for their failing grades. riddle requested crowley's permission to hold a summer camp for studying, so students falling behind could catch up. of course, ace had no choice but to attend. there went all of his plans to actually enjoy himself this year.

"just look here," ace hands deuce his phone, who still sleepy, blinks a little. everything was still blurry to him.

"wow. she actually forgave you?"

"i know, right?" ace grins, running his hands through his hair with a light laugh. "maybe because she's a good kid or something. i wouldn't have forgave me, if i was her."

deuce lies down again, closing his eyes. "mmyeah..."

"hey! what are you doing?"

deuce pops one eye open to peer at the ginger before yawning. "what does it look like i'm trying to do?" he shuffles a little, sighing at the absence of his pillow, but too comfortable to bother getting it back from ace's bed. "i'm...going to sleep again."

"b-but what do i say back?!"

"nothing. it's settled now, right? now you move on with your life."

"you are no help." ace prods at deuce's brainless head, before rolling his eyes. "should've asked cater or something..." he stares at the messages again, mind blank. he wants to say something more, he wants to keep the conversation going. he types a few words and erases it again, with a huff. think, think, think.

he clicks on your profile again, staring at it a little too deeply. you dressed differently, you were taller than he remembered... huh, you wore makeup now, too. deuce was right, you are pretty.  'what the hell', he thinks. 'can't believe i'm agreeing with something deuce said.' for the first time in his life, ace felt emotionally stumped.

he looks at the photo of you and neige again, and oh. he's finally figured out what to say.

[your name] 🫶
active 4 hours ago

03:39

do you know neige le blanche?