CHAPTER - 10

After a long night of waiting, Anokhi tells Shaurya to promise never to leave her again. He takes it one step further by saying that he loves her and pulling her in for a kiss. And another, and another. The next day, Anokhi eagerly presses her call button, growing anxious as the seconds tick by and Shaurya doesn't show. She throws the door open to see him about to knock, and she chides him for being over a minute late. She then teases him by saying, "Do you remember what happened last night?" She leans in, making him gulp and shut his eyes, only to boop his nose and run away. He chases her down the stairs to get his kiss and..."Shaurya?" At the sound of Chief Babli's voice, the couple jump away from each other. They try to play it cool, but Babli can see right through them. Still, she plays along and says that Anokhi's "friend" better be careful with her man, ha. As Shaurya drops Anokhi off at Fantasia, she asks him what he did while he was away - he wouldn't happen to have another woman, would he? He assures her that that's not the case and sends her on her way. On the way out, he crosses paths with Ahir and remembers the end of their conversation from last night. He'd asked how Ahir knew of the angels' punishments, and Ahir had answered that there had been an angel who'd thought he was a special case, just like Shaurya. He warned Shaurya that a happy ending was impossible and that it was better for him to disappear. However, Shaurya boldly stated that he wasn't going to be a coward. "I want Anokhi to know who I am," he said. "It doesn't matter if I'm human or not, if I'm dead or alive. I want her to know my present and my past and still love me." Ahir urged him to go ahead and reveal it all, positive that she would never accept him. His only condition was for Shaurya to wait until after the final "Giselle" auditions. Shaurya had a nagging feeling just then that Ahir could be that angel, but he shook it off and left. Meanwhile, in the present, Shaan has that same feeling. He goes to the Buddhist temple to check out Ahir's locker, and he's shocked to find the angels' signature handkerchief inside. Kitty's sneaky minion Black Cap gets ahold of Mr. Pratham's phone while he's not looking and sets up a wiretap. This allows him to hear Pratham's conversation with Chief Babli, who wants to meet up tomorrow. At the church, Ahir approaches Shaan to give a half-hearted warning that his junior angel is giving up his mission. He turns to leave, but Shaan makes him stop short by bringing up the infamous angel who became human. The two share a drink outside, quoting verses (which, to Ahir's annoyance, never left his memory). "You've been through a lot," Shaan says, genuinely sympathetic.
"Getting abandoned in this world, unable to really live or die." Still, Shaan doesn't understand why Ahir is so angry when he's already completed his personal mission of getting Anokhi on stage. Ahir stares at his now ringless finger, remembering the way Anokhi had looked at him during her "Giselle" routine. Shaan sighs, seeing that Ahir must have a newfound desire to live, even though he's always considered living to be hell. "I want to break free from that hell now," Ahir says darkly, downing one last drink before walking away. Back at the estate, Shaurya tries to practice how he's going to tell Anokhi that he was Neil and that he's now an angel. And he's failing miserably. He's then interrupted by a phone call from Anokhi - her number now labeled "Madam Anokhi," lol. Shaurya meets Anokhi out in the garden, curious as to what's keeping her up this late. Her face serious, she asks, "Which of the two is it? You're married or you have a terminal illness?" He blinks, confused, and she explains that his odd behavior on the island only points to those two reasons. He laughs at that and reiterates that she's the only one for him - his first and his last. She asks what he was doing while he was gone, then, and he hesitates. He doesn't want to bother her with something so trivial until her big audition is over. She frowns and scooches over, taking his hands. She wants him to understand that he's most important to her, so nothing about him is trivial. Still nervous, he starts small by revealing he went to see his father. He wanted to know why Dad treated him so badly, why he couldn't just love him. He stops there, before he gets emotional, and jokes that it's a boring story. The saddened Anokhi brings him into a hug, ignoring his protests that he's okay. "You and me," she says, "we're all alone in this world. You've been through a lot, my Shaurya." And as Shaurya's protesting turns to crying, Anokhi sweetly pats his back. The next day at practice, Ahir overhears the dancers talking about private meetings with Kitty. He immediately confronts Kitty about this, knowing she's bribing them for votes. However, she isn't the least bit scared since there's no way he can prove it. Mr. Pratham meets Chief Babli in an abandoned building, where she presents his former colleague Mudit. She says that Mr. Mudit is going to testify for the broken stagelight three years ago, for it was him who loosened the light. He didn't want to harm Anokhi, but he was desperate for the money at the time. Though they're unsure of who the actual mastermind is, Babli plans to go to the police with Anokhi soon. Unfortunately, their entire conversation is being recorded by Black Cap and sent over to Kitty, who's got that evil glint in her eye again. With final auditions being tomorrow, it's a long night of practicing for Anokhi. However, Shaurya gets so lost in her interpretation of Giselle's death that he impulsively grabs her hands.