Plainly Star-crossed

It was 4:30 pm. I sat on the bench in the big park with my eyes dug deep on the text- "Sorry Zeenat, I can't come! Be safe and get a cab back home."
Nobody knew me nor did I know anyone there. Sushree had stood me up. This was a rare occasion 'cause she never bails on me.
We had decided to have a little outing of our own so it was planned for us to meet each other in the St. Killian's park but something had come up so she couldn't come.
I had worn a short black frock and it was my lucky one. My hair all freely flowing over my shoulder. Mama had dropped me here in the park. I can return home now. There was nothing left for me to stay for.
But... But... But I feel like I will be missing something important if I leave now so I decided to stay here for a while. Take a fresh breath in the nature and feel the surrounding. Last day had been a rush hour. It was the submission day for all my projects so I could barely catch a sleep in between. I had to finish a lot in a lot less time.
Wait.
I feel like someone is staring at me. I looked ahead, raising my head from the phone. A tall dark guy sitting in a bench right in front of me across the park path. He must have been in his early 20s. He looked like a gentleman.
He was wearing louis blue trousers and a matching waistcoat with a inner spotless white shirt. His hair all gelled up to look slick and shiny. His right hand is on his lap and his left over the bench. His suit coat was hanging from his left hand over the other side of the bench. All his clothes fit him tightly. He had confidence in his eyes but I could also see him a bit tired. Clean shaved.
His hazel brown eyes still piercing through mine as if he hadn't noticed that I had noticed him. I wondered what he was looking for in my eyes. Is this bad news?
He spoke out my mind, "Don't worry. I am not going to hurt you in anyway! You waiting for someone?"
Suddenly I eased out. Gaze not moving from his eyes, I replied, "Yes, my bff but she isn't gonna come."
He raised his heavy body and started walking in the path towards the entrance of the park. I was confused. I didn't want to follow but I felt compelled to. I wanted to know more about him. Talk to him more. Something about him was attracting me to but I stayed back. I am not a kid to follow around handsome strangers. I rather took the path in the opposite path.
I heard him call over, "You are not going to go home now?"
I turned around and replied in a calm voice, "No, I want to have some time to myself. Have a breath to hold".
I felt him smiling though I was still facing his back. His smile didn't affect me in anyway. My mind shouted at me- Liar.
He turned around to face me now.
"How about a deal? A deal between two strangers... Don't get me wrong. I don't have any bad intentions. "
"What kind of deal?"
"A deal where two strangers meet and share 2 hrs of fun and tripping. I promise to etch this evening in your mind forever."
I paused. I wanted to say yes. I don't how or why but I had instantly felt a connection with him. I wanted to trust him. I know I can trust him. Even though I didn't know who he was or what intentions he had but I wanted to share this evening with him.
I said, "Fine but what if you are a bad guy?"
"I am sure you are not weak either, are you ?"
I feel challenged. I am not weak. No lady or girl is.
He continued, "I am a feminist and I believe that no one is but sure if you want to stay back."
Weak or not I wasn't stupid. But he was pushing my limits. I stared at his eyes like a child staring at an ice-cream. Eyes still not moving. Am I gonna regret this? I don't know but I won't know unless I try this out.
I piped up a yes. He stated, "But I have one Condition. That is you will not know my name or ask me any personal questions nor will I. We just spend 2 hrs together and forget about each other."
Oh hell no, that was sketchy. I replied, "What if I have to make a police complaint later? What name should I be putting in?"
He chuckled and replied, "You had been staring at me so deep. I guess haunting me down with the permanent image in your head won't be a lot of trouble for you!"
I was still stoic, processing what was happening here. I said, "Fair enough. I am up"
He started taking steps towards me. We walked together. This path lead to the large koi pond. The pond had big pink and white lotuses and many gold fishes. It was 5o'clock though still sunny.
After a long awkward silence, I asked him, "So where are you coming from?"
"A wedding."
"Would you like to reveal more?"
"It was my elder cousin brother's wedding. Actually it was the reception. They had the lunch as the reception. The food was nice so is this day "
He waited for me to react but I wanted to hear more from him. He sensed that so he added,"The reception venue is near and I had been looking after the catering and arrangement to help my family so  I had been knackered up. I wanted to take a break so I walked over here. What about you?"
He really did look tired but realisation struck me , LOOKING AFTER? Is he more old than I had estimated him to be?
I asked instantly, "How old are you?"
"Smarty! But no personal questions.", he said that with a small laugh.
And I answered with a sarcastic grin too, "Ha-ha ! Very funny"
Waving his hand in air, he said," Excuse me... I am a celebrity. I am avoiding paps so no info."
I chortled. He had a good sense of humour. Something calm was there in him. He wasn't like other guys who hit at girls and flirt with them without even considering the latter's opinion. I felt comfortable around him.  I was still staring at him but he's eyes were down on the path.