1

The night was cold and dark and the wind cut like a knife. I was walking around in an unfamiliar land. It was dark and gloomy and I could hear the faint howl of a woman? I didn't stick around to see.

As I began to run, I noticed the terrain was foggy and it felt like my shoes were sinking deeper and deeper into marsh and mud. Vines were wrapped around the trees but there was not a single tree that had leaves on them. Nothing here was alive. Even the plants were dead.

As I ran deeper into the forest, the faint sounds of galloping could be heard in the distance. Nightmares about a headless horseman came to mind and I tried to pick up my pace but it was difficult as my feet kept sinking in the mud. My heart started beating wildly and all I heard was my heart beating against my rib cage.

I felt strong arms swoop me up and throw me over the back of something. Something I soon realised was a horse. I looked up and instantly I regretted it. I don't know whether I ate some fucked up food or if it was the bumpy ride but I'm positively sure what I saw was the upper body of a man and the rear of a horse.

What in Lucifer's name? The man was grotesque looking with dark eyes, long jet black hair and rotted yellow teeth. Well what was left of teeth. I wanted to scream so badly! My voice got stuck in my throat. Suddenly, like a flood, all knowledge of Greek Mythology came flooding back.

The creature was a Centaur, best known for kidnapping fair maidens. Honestly, The Chronicles of Narnia made them decent looking and sort of hot but here, it was obvious these men were fucking ugly.

Suddenly, a man with ice blue eyes and curly black hair stepped into his path. He was clad in black robes which blended in with this dreary world. Yet, studying him, he was too beautiful to belong in a place like this. Ice blue eyes, curly black hair that fell to his shoulders, full pink lips and a body that would make any woman fall to his feet. His stance gave off an air of authority and the Centaur rose on its hind legs causing me to fall backwards.

Just as quickly as he appeared the man managed to catch me. His arms were strong and fuck he was gorgeous up close. Those ice cold eyes looked deep into my chocolate brown ones and I'm sure cheeks were coloured pink. Just as he began leaning in something woke me from my sleep. My alarm clock.

I woke with a start and groaned. Bloody alarm clock! Just when as I was having a great dream! And the dreamy hot guy was about to kiss me! I got up and got dressed. I had work this morning and I was told that there was a new CEO. Which was very out of the blue. As long as a I could remember Mr. Brandon Grey ran the company and he was a sweet old man. Well he's middle aged not old.

When I walked in the office, everyone was busy bustling around, getting papers, returning files etc.. Apparently the new boss is a maniac. Or maybe he's just too strict and runs a tight ship. As I made my way into the meeting room, I couldn't help but overhear a couple of interns squeal about how hot the man is. So, it's a he. The man had to be young if they found him hot.

When I entered the room I came to a standstill. Sitting at the head of the table was the man from my dream. The really hot saviour who was about to kiss me. I was pretty sure my face was flushed. He looked me over as I stood there. He was the same. Dark, curly hair tucked behind his ears, hair I was willing to bet felt like silk, those mesmerising ice blue eyes, the set in his full pink lips. He was wearing a suit, black, that hugged his body in all the right places.

This man was a masterpiece. "Ms. Jones! Take a seat,"hissed my arch nemesis, Allison. I'm pretty sure she wanted to dig my eyes out for gawking at the hottie. Allison is a gold digger. Any man who is filthy rich will always be her target. I took a seat directly next to Mr. Hottie and pulled out my notebook and pen.

His eyes never left me. "Good morning everyone,"he said in a deep rich voice. "My name is Mr. Liam Grey and I will be your new CEO,"he had a light accent. One I didn't recognise. He gave a little introduction about himself and what he expects from everyone in each department.

"I would also like a Personal Assistant. As a matter of fact I have already chosen someone," he said. Allison looked like she was ready to jump the guy's bones. I sighed and sat back. I couldn't wait to get back to the artwork station. "Ms. Katie Jones," my name sounded like heaven coming from his lips.

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed. There was no way in hell that could happen! I was on the Marketing team and that was where I belonged. This man waltzed in here, took up the CEO's responsibility and decided to remove me from my current work station. I loved my job. I felt a pang at being chosen. Allison looked ready to kill me and take my place. She would happily do it.

"Why can't Miss Marshall do it? She is more experienced than I am and she seems worthy of that job title," I said, the words feeling bitter in my mouth as praises to Allison slipped out. She looked as shocked to hear it as I was to say it. Truth was, I didn't give a flying fuck about her, I just wanted to stay in my department.

"No. As of tomorrow you are my assistant and that is final. Meeting is adjourned," he said iciliy, glaring at me. I felt shivers go down my spine. This was going to be one shitshow that'll end with a very loud bang...