2

The next morning I began my duties as Liam Grey's PA. I decided to get to the office earlier than usual. I took a cup of coffee and headed towards the elevator to get to the 40th floor. On my way there I passed my old workstation and I felt a pang of longing. I always loved working with the artwork design team.

As I was setting up my desk I couldn't help but feel like someone was watching me. I set down my coffee and started organising my files and making the work and meeting schedule for Mr. Grey. Just then Noah Smith, the manager of my old department walked in. He knocked on Mr. Grey's door after greeting me and I was about to tell him that Liam wasn't in yet when I heard a vague come in.

Damn. It's only 7 am, I thought. How in the world? Why would he be here so early? Honestly I didn't want to find out. I got back to doing my work. Liam's office was very private. It had one sided mirror doors and a pass code to enter in order to get inside. As I was turning in my chair to get my pencil case, the door opened they both walked out.

"We sure miss ya downstairs Katie," Noah said mournfully. I sighed and took a sip of my coffee. Thanks for reminding me Noah. "I miss it too buddy," I said. As he walked down the hall to the elevator, Liam turned to me, his eyes cold and calculating.

"Coffee is not good for your health my love. Caffeine was actually intended to be a drug,"he sneered as he took my tea cup away from me. I was about to swear when he chuckled. "Nice mug," he said referencing to the print. It said for fuck's sake, with a fox instead of the actual word.

I had the urge to strangle him but me being 5'3" and this guy being at least 6'4" there was no way in hell I would manage. Not even if I wore heels.

He strolled into his office and I decided that when he had a client, I would run downstairs and get a cup of coffee and have it in the lunch room. Asshole, I thought as I got back to work. Just then he waltzed back outside and shot me a glare.

"If you think you can slink downstairs and have coffee while I have a client and I won't notice your absence then you better think again Ms. Jones. Oh and say that word to my face Shortcake," he sneered. Shortcake? Oh fuck no! That's it!

I was speechless. Oh for the love of God! How dare he! "Don't bring God into his love. And you have a very dirty mouth. Those words shouldn't be coming out of those pretty lips of yours," he said.

I shot up and glared at him. "I don't know what fucked up game you're playing but leave me out of it! And stop calling me Shortcake! I am average! Okay?" I yelled. He took a step closer to me and I decided to be bold and stand my ground. He had a smug look on his face and I hate giving him the satisfaction of pissing me off. He bent down so we were at eye level.

"You're not average Princess, you are short. Now summarise these files and you better have them on my desk in thirty minutes Shortcake,"he growled. I glared at him. Jerk.

"Asshole," I muttered under my breath. Bloody dickward. Looking at his pants I was willing to bet he was huge. He smirked at me and walked into his office.

I got my work done and entered his office without his permission. I didn't care. He looked up and shot daggers at me. I slammed the files on his desk and with a saucy smirk said sarcastically, "You're request has been fulfilled my Lord."

He rose from his desk towering over me. I could tell he had something to say but I could care less. Why did he have to be so damned good looking?! Before he could rant or whatever, someone walked into his office, interrupting him.  I turned towards the door and was surprised to see Nick John, a good friend of mine and someone who flirted with every living female.

"Ouu babe you be looking hot. Are you looking to hookup with someone tonight?"he said. His green eyes held mischief and his brown hair was messy. Nick was a total flirt but a great friend. He has always been there for me whenever I needed him most.

"Who did you sleep with last night? You left me stranded and broken! I really missed you," I said, playing our schoolyard game. Liam cleared his throat and we both looked toward him. His eyes were dark and anger radiated off him.

"Mr. John, if your only purpose is to flirt with Ms. Jones, please get the fuck out of my office and leave my company. And Ms. Jones, I didn't hire you to be the company's slut," he said coldly. "Mr. John you are fired," he finished. Oh for fuck's sakes! Nick kissed my forehead and walked out muttering something about the guy needing to get laid.

I looked at Liam, my mouth agape. "Close your pretty mouth Princess, before I stuff something in it,"he growled. I just stared. Nick had stormed out, slamming the door. I sighed as Liam took his seat. "Get back to work," he ordered.

I stormed up to his desk and yanked at his chair so he had to face me and I bent down to look him dead in the eye. "Listen up asshole! You don't get to dictate everyone's lives okay? And I am not some slut who is sleeping around cause she's fucking bored and training to be a goddamn prostitute, no offense to them! Stop trying to tell me what to do and who and how to speak! You are not my fucking dad or my husband so chill the fuck out!" I whisper yelled.

"You're a fiesty one aren't you?"he asked. He pulled me down by the waist, startling me. I was now in his lap. "Oh and Princess, I'm not your husband yet," he whispered in my ear causing shivers to go down my spine. I gasped. His signature smirk was on his lips, the one that said he was pleased with what he did. Fine. I'll show you.

I captured his lips in mine. He froze and his body locked up. His lips were soft and warm and he tasted like coffee. Oh fuck. I pulled away and got off wiping my mouth. I smirked down at him. "This. Is. War," he said slyly.

"Bring it on Asshole," I said as I began to walk away. This is going to be fun, I thought as I walked out of his office...