Chapter 1

The droplets of rain flowing down the glass window she was looking through resembled the year drops flowing through her eyes. She reached out for the tissue box and took a tissue out, she let the tissue soak up the year drop without smudging her makeup.

"Laila" she heard her name being called out she looked towards her; she found her friend standing in front of her in an event appropriate dress.

"Aliza" she said, she wanted to run towards Aliza and hug her, but she was unable to. Aliza came towards her and hugged her tight, trying her best to comfort the fragile figure in her arms. Laila was shaking in her arms.

"Laila, tell me and let your emotions free" said Aliza in her soft comforting voice.

"I have no idea that, is my heart and body being down due to the pain and problems I'm carrying or is it my heavy lehenga which is restricting me from moving a muscle, it works excellently as a golden cage" said Laila and slipped from her eyes.

"It's going to be fine, maybe this is for the best" said Aliza, she took the tissue from Laila and slowly wiped off the years without ruining the makeup which was beautifully done in Laila's face.

"This beautiful lehenga is heavy enough to feel like cuffs on legs preventing them from moving and I highly doubt that that's why they're like this is, this has been the motive all along" said Laila and Aliza kneeled down to her level.

"Laila, if you want to run away then let's run away and you don't have to worry about anything, everything is set if you want run but remember the consequences it might unfold, the decision is yours and yours only," said Aliza.

"And I'm pretty sure the high-end designer didn't know that Laila Neil is going to be wearing this and it needs to be heavy, so she'd be caged in this dress" said Aliza trying to lighten up the mood and Laila chuckled.

Laila sat in the extravagant room, below the grand chandelier questioning her life decisions and consequences she might face due to her actions. She looked at herself in the mirror, she saw a girl in a beautiful Red Lehenga which had luxurious written all over it.

"I could run away but what about the consequences my family will face, they have been jumping into temporary yet permanent solutions, but I can't do this to them, it wouldn't end well if the Manvik's Bride ran away the day of her wedding," said Laila.

"Hopefully you don't regret this, I've done everything for the running away but it's your choice," said Aliza.

"Why can't Karan just backoff at a no, if he had done decency and sense then I might not be sitting here in this bridal lehenga ready to marry some guy I've no idea about, my question still remains the same," said Laila.

"Laila You're here marrying into the Manvik's, not some random one," said Aliza.

"A guy can back off when a girl becomes of some other guy but can't back off when she says no, seriously!" Said Laila frustrated, Aliza looked at her friend with pity. She was stuck in a place with no fault of hers

"At least getting married to the Manviks isn't the worst, it's better than being of that Bastard, You're Marrying Parth Manvik and he's got everything like literally everything, He looks so handsome that anyone will be flat, and He's so educated and on top of that he is the heir," said Aliza.

"You know very well Aliza that I don't care about anyone, I just wish that bastard didn't waltz into my life and put me into such a bad position, he couldn't take an answer for once, I didn't want any is this mess" said Laila with a Sigh

"Whatever is written in my fate, I'll face it with all my might, I'll commit to this relationship with all my heart even though I really didn't want to, Hopefully I get the strength to get through all of this" said Laila, she adjusted her dress and got up.

Laila's Point of View

I sat in the grand bed, it wanted to sit in a soft cloud. I kept glancing at the clock because it was getting late and he was not here yet, I am clearly getting annoyed because I am sitting here with all these heavy jewellery and clothes, I really want to remove these.

I adjusted myself in the bed because it seemed like forever, and he is not here. I rested my head to the soft pillow. I went back to my dreamland where nothing crazy like my life was going on, just peace and calm. I felt my dreams getting flood and I wake up with a jerk.

My eyes adjusted to the light, and I saw my husband, Parth Manvik holding an empty jug in his hand. It did not take me long to realise that he had emptied the jug full of water on me, my dress was soaked with water.

"Good morning, Mrs. Laila Parth Manvik" said Parth in his rusty voice which was enough to give me goosebumps.

"Sorry, I dozed off" I said softly.

He took a hold of my hair, and I winced in pain, He pulled me towards him with my hair. I felt fear creep into my body, genuinely scared of what is going to happen next. His eyes did not look beautiful anymore but like the calmness before the destructful Storm.

"I'll make sure that this is the last peaceful sleep you'll get, Welcome to Hell wifey" said Parth and left me scared for me life......

So here's the first chapter , Kind of a filler but it kind of gives the idea of what's to come.
Anyway anybody cbse 2022-23??