Chapter 16 | Hulsan Queens

( POV: FALLON AEDEN RAVIA )

The Queens have prepared a tremendous night for us. An entire table filled with delicious meals and drinks, dancers and musicians, gorgeous pieces of art, and even personalized gifts for each of us.

Especially for Raze and me.

They arranged a special someone to come and visit us. A psychic for our baby. It's a little scary so I'm not sure if I want to hear the psychic say anything about her. Or them.

"You've been way too kind to us. I hope one day we can have the honor of you gracing our home with your presence as well."

Queen Marion smiles, "Empress, it's an honor to know that we've pleased you. Please, open." She nods to the velvet box in my hand.

I return the smile and gently open the box, I'm met with a pair of diamond earrings. It's layered and has a thin upside-down pyramid shape. The diamonds are extremely shiny, they would match with my heels, I think to myself. "This is- it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you." To show them how much I love them, I instantly put them in.

Raze decides to help me out a bit and takes the conversation over. I let out a tiny breath of relief because I don't know what else I can say.

I'm sitting next to Raze but while I'm being swallowed by the couch, he seems quite okay. The Queens are settled on the couch across from us while my siblings and the rest of our family are sitting around us. It resembles a circle but with a passageway to make it easier for helpers and guards to pass through.

I'm eyeing the grand statues as my hands are on my belly. A silly attempt to soothe myself. I figured that my daughter hates me.

She has to hate me because I have no idea why she's kicking me so aggressively. But she's in love with her father. Because the instant she hears his voice, she begins to slow her kicks. Before I know it, she stops. Normally, she kicks harder when she hears him but I think she's exhausted.

I take a pin and put half of my hair up, it's getting in my face, and it annoys me. Oh, and my curls have returned! It barely lasted an hour. Raze is very pleased with that.

"Empress," A servant says to attract my attention. I look up at him with a smile, that smile only widens when I see what he's holding. "Would you want me to serve you one?"

"You can serve me two as well." I grin and he nods. "What is this?" I continue to converse with them while I notice the odd stares I'm getting from the other workers and even the Queens.

"It's a cake filled with puffed rice and strawberry jelly. It's finished with whipped cream on top."

I look at Raze and he smiles when he sees my widened eyes, "I'll have one too." He states.

The cake melts in my mouth but the puffed rice adds a certain crunch. Not to mention the sweet jelly and the decadent whipped cream. I get quite distracted by the tasty dessert but I don't miss the conversation.