Don't Stop Now!

*This is a monster high self insert from either dolldivine or meiker.io. I don't remember, but I don't own the art in this image!*

Personality
    Your OC's personality is arguably the most important part of their entire design. This aspect is important because it dictates how your character will act at any time. If the OC is a self insert, it can be modeled after your own, but it is important to give them a fleshed out personality of their own. You can break the personality into several components that will make designing it easier.

-In the wild (how does your OC act on their own?)
-People (how do they act around others?
-Emotion (how do they react to strong humor, anger, or fear?)
-Just Details (the "fine print" of a personality)

In the Wild
    Just like anything, a personality is complex, and designing one is no different. If personality design was an evil entity, it's best just to face it head on, running at it with your sword held high. The "in the wild" aspect is meant to show your OC's true, uninterrupted personality. As one of my friends would say, if a group of people found your OC in the wild, what would their first impression be? Here are some things to consider:

-Extraverted/Curious/Introverted - Would your OC come up and say hello?
-Enigma - Would the people who found them have a hard time figuring your OC out?
-Agreeable/friendly/hostile - Would your OC be nice to these people?
    This is really just the beginning of how deep your OC's personality can go. Feel free to make personality webs or charts detailing the aspects of your OC's personality.

People
           This part of a personality is important because it most likely will dictate your OC's friendships and interactions with others. The question is: how does your OC react around other people? This is somewhat of a shorter section, but here are the most important things to consider:

Trauma - This is important!! If your OC has had bad experiences with people their entire like, they most likely aren't going to be the warmest to the idea of people - and it will take a friend with a lot of patience and a big heart in order to get to know them. On the other hand, if your OC has lived a life of popularity and socializing, they will most likely be more motivated to make new friends.

Personality type - This is more about the true, boiled down core of your OC. Are they a naturally angry person? Are they introverted? This is all up to you, and it can either be based on your personality, or just who you want your OC to be.

Emotion
         This is a question of how your OC will process strong emotions of any kind. What happens when they realize they are in love with someone? What happens when someone makes them very angry? Have they ever experienced depression? Do they have a mental disorder that causes them to react differently than those around them? If so, how does this make them feel? Kind of complex, but it's important to not only consider your OC's emotions, but their repercussions as well.

Just Details
          This part is basically just working out the kinks and fleshing out some of the hidden aspects of a personality, like your OC's crush, their favorite whatever, or just the small things about their approach to life.

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for my next post, which will go through the basics of outfit design!!