Mountain Troll

That Halloween night in the great hall has floating Jack O'Lanterns in place of the candles. Harry notices an empty spot on the bench next to me and asked.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry said.

"Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying" Neville said

Harry and I glance at Ron with a disapproving look on Harry's face me almost letting out a growl Ron shrugs. Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes running into the Great Hall in panic.

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" Quirrell said absolutely hysterical.

Dumbledore rises from his seat in concern. Everyone looks at Quirrell and he stops and there is utter silence.

"Thought you ought to know," Quirrell said before he passes out. The room is silent, and then everyone freaks out, screaming and running.

"SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!" Dumbledore said and Everyone stops and calms down.

"Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons" Dumbeldore said.

I know that is what Dumbledore said but I knew that Hermione was still in the bathrooms and was unaware of the troll In the commotion I slipped away to the bathrooms. When I got there I could still hear Hermione in one of the stalls crying I used Alohomora on the lock of the stall and pulled it open Hermione looked up tears in her eyes.

"Hermione I can explain later but we have to leave now," I said.

Hermione comes out of the stall, wiping her eyes. She stops when she sees something. I turn and see the troll is standing there. Hermione and I back up, into the stall just as the troll raises its club and smashes the top part of the stalls. Hermione screams and then out of nowhere Harry and Ron came bursting in.

"Hermione, Jessica move!" Harry yelled.

The troll smashes the remaining stalls.

"Help!" I screamed.

"Help!" Hermione yelled.

The boys start throwing wood pieces at the troll.

"Hey, pea-brain!" Ron said as he throws wood and hits the troll on the head.

Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely misses Hermione. Harry cringes.

"Ahhh! Help!" Hermione cried.

I run and grab her arm and pull her away just as Harry gets out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up at the same time.

"Whooa! Whoa, whoa!" Harry said as he lands on the troll's head, and is hurled forward, then back, and his wand shoots up the troll's nose.

"Ew," Ron said.

The troll gets Harry off its head and is holding him by one leg, upside down.

"Do something!" Harry yelled.

The troll gears up its club and swings it at Harry. He pulls himself up, then down. The troll swings again.

"What?" Ron said as the troll swung at Harry repeatedly.

"Anything!" I yell.

"Hurry up!" Harry yells.

Ron grabs his wand. Hermione waves her hand as we hide in the corner I dragged her to before.

"Swish and flick!"Hermione said.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Rion said with a flick of his wand the club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The troll looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down.

"Cool," Ron said as it hits the troll's head that hard and the troll wavers then drops Harry, who crawls away, and slowly comes crashing down, knocking him out. Hermione approaches carefully holding my hand tight.

"Is it...dead?" Hermione said.

"I don't think so. Just knocked out" Harry said before he grabs his wand...which is covered in mucus.

"Ew. Troll bogies" Ron said.

Harry wipes his wand on his robes as me and Hermione hug each other. Suddenly, McGonagall, Snape and Quirrell come rushing in. They all gasp at the knocked-out troll.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, both of you!" McGonagall said.

"Well, what it is..." Ron and Harry said struggling to find the words.

"It's my fault, Professor McGonagall" Hermione said making me, the teachers, Ron and Harry look at her.

"Miss Granger?" McGonagall said.

"I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Harry, Ron and Jessica hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead" Hermione said looking at me with a smile when she said my name.

"Be that as it may be...it was an extremely foolish thing to do. I would have expected more rational behaviour on your part, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment" Mcgonagall said before she turns to Harry and Ron.

"As for you three I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you. For sheer dumb luck" McGonagall said as we all look at one another.

Snape and McGonagall leave the bathroom.

"Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh," Quirrell said with his usual stutter

We all leave in a hurry walking back to the Gryffindor Common Room through the corridor.

"Good for you to get us out of trouble like that," Harry said to Hermione who was still holding my hand and it felt nice.

"Mind you, I mean, we did save her life," Ron said.

"Mind you, she didn't need saving if you hadn't insulted her like the idiot you are," I said.

Hermione looks at Ron.

"What are friends for?" Ron said.

Hermione smiles at me as we carry on through the corridor.