Norbert

Later Harry, Hermione, Ron and I are walking along a path with Hagrid as we tell him about the game.

"Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid said.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry said.

"Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" Hagrid said after turning to us suspiciously.

"Fluffy?" I said.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione said.

"Well, of course, he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the.." Hagrid said stopping himself.

"Yes?" Harry said.

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask any more questions. That's top-secret, that is," Hagrid said.

"But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it," Harry said

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher," Hagrid said.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking" Hermione said.

"Exactly," I said

"Now, you listen to me, all of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel" Hagrid said.

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry said Curiously turning to Ron then back to Hagrid.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that" Hagrid mumbles to himself as he walks off.

"Nicholas Flamel. Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry said.

"I don't know," Hermione said shaking her head I just shrugged.

It is now Christmas at Hogwarts, I had already left for the holidays to be with my father I told him all about what was going on so far and I could tell he was worried.

"Dad has anything like this happened before at Hogwarts," I said.

"Not during my time but then again I mostly kept my head down," He said.

"Right," I said not believing him.

After the break in the library, Harry, Ron and I are seated, reading until Hermione comes up with a huge book and thumps it onto the table making Harry and I jump.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading" Hermione said.

"This is light?" Ron said.

"Of course! Here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione said as she reads the description on the page.

"The what?" Ron and Harry said.

"Honestly, don't you two read? The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal" I said.

"Immortal?" Ron said.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione said.

"I know what it means!" Ron said.

"Shh!" I said.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday! That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione said.