Coworker. (chapter 1)

Kate sighs as she locks the door to her house. she quickly drops her keys into her pocket and walks down the pathway to her car. she hums, walking past the bakery she goes to every night.
she gets to her car and unlocks it. Kate gets in and turns on the engine. she drives her car and arrives at the diner. she reads the flickering neon sign above the enterance. it reads: " Golden spoon " beneath the sign it says: "Diner" in brackets. she takes a deep breath and kicks the stones beneath her as she walks over to the door. she opens the door and the bell on the door rings. she gets goosebumps on her arms. it's freezing. she shivers it off and shuts the door behind her and rushes to the kitchen to get her uniform. she is greeted by her coworker, Jay. "Hiya, Kate!" he says, happily. "Hi, j." she replies as she grabs her uniform. she walks over to the bathroom and starts getting changed until she hears the front door slam. HARD. she fixes her hair then she quietly opens the door. "Jay?" she says, softly. no response. she thought nothing of it and went to check if his car was still parked in the carpark. it wasn't. she shrugs it off, thinking he just left early. (3 hours later) She looks at the clock. 10PM. her shift is almost over. "huh.." she mumbles. her eyes start to close and before she knows it, she's asleep.