Just rumors

"So, um... What's your name?" I asked the new kid. "Ben. And yours?" He replied. "Y/n." I smiled at him. "Cool." He said awkwardly and I nodded. "Yeah." 

When the rest of them finally came back and started taking care of Ben, I zoned out. 

I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Maybe Bowers hit my head too hard and I was hallucinating. But what if the clown actually was there? Why though? 

"Are you okay, that looks like it hurts?" I heard a girl's voice say so I looked up to see Beverly. We had some classes together and talked in the hallways sometimes, but it was not like we were best friends or something. 

I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Oh. No, I'm good, I just fell" Ben answered nervously. 

Crush. I thought immediately and quietly chuckled.

"Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." 

"Shut up, Rich." I said at the same time as Bill said "Shut it R-Richie."

"Why? It's the truth." He continued and I rolled my eyes. 

"You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly asked Ben with a smile playing on her lips as she winked at him.

"You know w-w-we'll take care of him. Uh, thanks again, Beverly." Bill stuttered out and I looked between Ben, Bill, and Beverly. 

So threesome? I smirked and tried to hold in the chuckle. 

"Sure, maybe I'll see you around," Bev replied and was about to go away but Bill stopped her.

"Yeah, we were thinking about going to the q-q-quarry tomorrow, if you wanna come." Richie raised his eyebrows and his eyes widened a little. 

Stan was just standing there, next to Ben, watching Bill and Beverly talk. 

"Is it just me or is this awkward as hell?" They all looked at me and Richie chuckled. 

Beverly grinned. "Good to know, thanks." And then she left. 

"Nice going bringing up Bowers in front of her," Stan told Richie 

"Yeah, dude, you heard what she did?" Eds looked at him.

"What'd she do?" Ben asked confused.

"More like who'd she do. From what I heard, the list is longer than my wang." Rich answered touching his crotch as Eddie turned around not surprised. 

"That's not saying much," Stan replied and I laughed. "They're j-j-just rumors," Bill said and I nodded. 

"Exactly, people like Bowers and Gretta made that shit up. I can easily say Richie-nine-inchie but it's just a rumor because we all know you're Richie-no-inchie." I ruffled Richie's hair. Everyone but Richie laughed. 

"That wasn't funny." He glared at me and I grinned. "Even your mom laughed, I could hear her." I sassed.

"Anyway, Bill had her back in third grade. They kissed in a school play! The reviews say you can't fake that sort of passion." Richie looked at Ben while Stan smirked knowingly at Bill who tried to hide his smile and looked away. 

Stan and I locked eye contact with knowing smirks on our faces, and Eddie looked between us, confused. 

Richie looked at me and then quickly looked away. "Now, pip-pip and tally-ho, my good fellows, I do believe this chap requires our utmost attention. Get in there doctor K., come on, fix him up." Richie patted Eddie's shoulder. 

"Why don't you shut the fuck up, Einstein, because I know what I'm doing and I don't want you doing the British guy with me right now-" 

"Suck the wound, get in there!" Richie continued.